Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday, monday

Still working on my room-yes, it takes me FOREVER to clean!! but in my own defense-I am sorting and purging so that does take longer. Thinking hard bout what I will REALLY use, and POSSIBLY use as opposed to "oh this could come in handy, I may use this someday" mentality I had up to now.

I am going thru fabric now, and I have given myself TWO shelves for it. thats it!! TWO little shelves!!! no more 50gallon totes for me!! I either have to USE it or not buy it-ridiculous to hang on to all this fabric for years and years..... I have a stack to get rid of as well.

My neighbor offered me a bookcase, I hope I can get it this week. I THINK I have room for it up here and it will house fiber and yarn because I have NO place for either at the moment. This room is only 8x 11' and you have to take into account one of the walls is only a 1/2 wall, one wall is a railing, and on a 3rd wall there are 2 doorways...so NOT alot of wallspace for shelves or bookcases!

I am working tonight at the spa, one client, and I don't know if its an hour or an hour & 1/2 session.....Also one tomorrow evening as well-but that time keeps changing and I HOPE it changes to 1-3 as opposed to 6:30-8:30 where it is now.

I leave you with a pic of a yarn that I created for "A place to Bark & meow Animal Rescue" Art Auctions. Bernie will be starting the auctions sometime next month, I'll post when she gets them started..

4 comments:

Jamye said...

what an absolutely adorable yarn! it looks fantastic :D

ms*robyn said...

so what do you do at the spa?
hee, hee another fabric collector. I am one too, although I have managed to cull alot lately, sending it off to school to be used in year 12 works of art for examinations.
hope the toe is healing xoxo

ms*robyn said...

ps - I visited San Francisco about 15 years ago! loved it. I got lost in the city up near the missions, nearly setting an old mission on fire with a candle. And I love Alcatraz - that was an amazing tour.

Colette said...

I'm proud of you!!

The yarn is precious, and so appropriate. Woof!