Monday, October 30, 2006

Where did the week go??????

Seriously...I must be getting old, cause time is FLYING!!!

I got 5 yarns up, which isn't much for a Friday update, but considering I spun FOUR of them the day before=its damn good! I didn't do my arm any favors though....
I have a new yarn series-Burlesque Beauties. Its been in the works for a while, but I just finally compiled enough stuff to get started on them. Each skein is has a dancer name, and has a pic in the description. They are super girly-beads, feathers, etc.... Expect to see more soon.

Heres a pic of some of my resin I cast earlier in the week, now cured and made into lovely jewelry. And the very bottom right is an enameled piece I made earlier this year. I MISS enameling!!! Anyway=I love this clear mold compound, and totally FORGOT to go & use the 20% coupon today at Pearl!!! The stuff is expensive and I've been waiting for this sale all month, oh well!



All of these are cast from vintage pieces, except for the birdie hairpins. Those little chubbies flew down to me from Colette up in Toronto I need to cast some just for her for letting me borrow them to make casts from. I also need more bobby pins since Michaels was out on Saturday (RRRRRR! ). I love the heart locks-I'm doing a couple in red as we speak. Can't wait to get up in the morning and de mold them!!! I did some other pieces but they aren't made up into anything yet. I may put these up on etsy first, don't know yet..














Tomorrow I need to spin, and try to clean a little. Also must venture out and get my husband a Birthday card (Halloween Baby) and figure out if I can make a Dalek Cake like this first one, not this second one.....






3 comments:

velmalikevelvet said...

love the bird jewelry...

YarnB said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! I had to come look at yours and now I will put you on my bloglines list and check out your yarn!!

natasha said...

the second one looks like it is smoking some sort of pipe. it is cute, though! the thought that counts, no? it might work to make it out of icecream...or paper mache. not that the latter makes a tasty cake.