Sunday, December 03, 2006

Small Business Blues

No one says its fun or easy having a small business, and usually I love the challenge-but I'm feeling more than bit down that I haven't sold anything in the last couple of weeks..I'm trying NOT to get stuck in a negative mindset, really trying. I'm trying to look at the hows/whys of it and how to change that.

I've started offering a 10% coupon to people who sign up for the newsletter. I got 4 new subscibers this week-but no sales. I'm not sure what I should do next. Other people I know can't keep stuff in stock, so why is mine sitting? Its just as nice as theirs.

suggestions, thoughts?

5 comments:

Ruth.... said...

Hi..just a quick comment after enjoying your blog...your yarn is so lovely and unique. I'm sure sales will pop up again soon. I have had some quiet times, too...sometimes you're so busy then all goes quiet! At times I'll donate some hanks to the local school or nursing home to display then raffle it off as a fundraiser and that has gotten things going again...Your yarn caught my eye in the Yarn museum...All the best, Ruth.

Saints and Sinners said...

Thank you Ruth! It was very nice of you to leave a comment, I appreciate it!

Colette said...

It's my experience too, a sort of see-saw effect. I thought things would pick up more than they have for christmas, and maybe it will. All those last-minute shoppers, hehe!

One Planet Yarn And Fiber said...

Don't get bummed up. Things go up and down and it takes a little while! It happens to everyone. Your stuff is really pretty. I noticed it the other day looking through.

natasha said...

here is my advice. make crappier stuff! people looooove crappy stuff. how about stuff made out of ACTUAL CRAP? huh? like crap, glue, glitter and a leather necklace for it. done!