Monday, May 28, 2007

More listing!

I'm very slowly getting back into "work" mode. I've been pretty lazy all week!

I did make a sample scarf. So many people want to see the yarn made into something. I've been bad about doing it because I'm not really a knitter or crocheter but more of a yarn hoarder LOL. But I have made things for other people and have only one necklet to show people, so I did need some more examples. Also=I want to create a customer gallery, so if you've made something marvelous from my yarn-please send me some pics!!!

Yesterday, Jessica and I went out to Capsule Fair. Some people we knew were vending so we went to check out all 140 vendors. It was really cold & foggy and I only had on a sweater and a scarf I made. I assumed it would burn off by Noon like it has the past few days-but now...I froze LOL.

We are both glad we checked it out and glad we didn't apply. It was mostly t-shirt vendors, jewelry artists and handbag makers with a few plushie people thrown in. I felt bad for the vendors with so much competition. I think some diversity in the vendor group would have helped everyone sales.

After an hour 1/2, I was too lethargic to do anything. So I came home, had lunch of a Lean Cuisine and a bagel and promptly fell asleep for 4 hours. Too many carbs!!!

After I woke up, I worked on pics and listed 8 resin pieces on etsy. All pretty retro looking birdies and skulls. I wish Etsy would streamline the listing and allow you to "sell a similiar item" so you can bypass repetitive steps. A dream for the future! Anyway-I've also put up some new stuff I'm working on-Belt Buckles. Check them out!


1 comment:

We are ZNE on etsy! said...

Oooh, love the birdie!

Glad I missed capsule, though some Pleasanton Craft Mafia members were vending. Seriously though, the cold makes me miserable. I think I'm a wee bit anemic.

Hey - I posted a banner I made using one of the FABU paper dolls you gave me. I loved the way it turned out. Check out my blog when you have a chance.

xoxo - Chel
http://Chelise.Typepad.com