Tuesday, June 12, 2007

gentle nudges

Recipe for Joy

  • Seek joy, first and foremost.
  • Seek reasons to laugh.
  • Seek reasons to offer words of praise to self and others.
  • Seek beauty in nature, beasts and other humans.
  • Seek reasons to love. In every segment of every day — look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of love.
  • Seek that which uplifts you.
  • Seek opportunities to offer that which uplifts another.
  • Seek a feeling of Well-being.Know that your value can only be measured in terms of Joy.
  • Acknowledge your absolute freedom to do any of these things or to not do any of these things — for it is, without exception, your choice in every moment of every day.

Saturday May 5th Workshop in Asheville NC - Abraham-Hicks



I love when get some guidance from the universe to continue the course.

On Saturday, I was hanging out with my friend Michael. At dinner we were discussing alot of things about artwork, careers and such. At one point, he asked me "so, have you done any 3D stuff lately?" To which I replied "I haven't, I've only been able to focus on yarn this year"...He looked at me with a bit of suprise-knowing how much I love jewelry making in particular.

I know I'm being a bad artist-I've been neglecting the other art in my room, the projects in my to do list and those bouncing around my mind. And I have been favoring the fiber. And I'm glad I actually said it out loud.

One of my "excuses" is that my work room is still unorganized and messy. And that isn't really a good reason...So I'm spending this week to put stuff away & organize (as much as I can!) and spend some time on some assemblages and some art jewelry.

Sunday-we went to see the Vivienne Westwood exhibit at the De Young Museum. I imagine her back in 1973-sewing stuff in the back room of the store, getting high, listening to loud music and wondering what she was gonna be doing on the weekend. I know she never EVER thought then that she would be have a museum exhibit 34 yrs later. Makes you think doesn't it???? Where will you be 5, 10, 30 yrs from today??? It was another little 'nudge' from the universe to DO more.

Below is a pic of my 1/2 clean work table. Its getting clean, slowly but surely. I'd love to see pics of others 'creative chaos' work spaces as well.



No comments: