Monday, October 22, 2007

To the victors go the spoils..........

In other words=The show is over and it was a success!
I want to send a big thank you out to all the amazing vendors who joined us, to all the shoppers who supported us and all of our volunteers who helped us set up and run the event. You all ROCK!

And I want to give a HUGE Shout out to my SFCM girls=Jackie, Jessica, Leslie, and Wendy. We worked our BUTTS off and put our heart and soul into doing this event and it showed. Wendy's fiance was a major workhorse- moving tables and chairs and being there to help everyone, as was Stacy and John of Arte Alterado.

And a special thank you to my husband: who has put up with me and my various stages of stress, the 400lbs of goodiebag boxes all over the living room, and my general lack of cleaning over the last month, and my lastminutefreakouts on Saturday. Rob also lugged all those boxes & my stuff to the event, helped me set up, helped move tables, made me & jessica signage, moved tables afterwards and was a huge help all around-I could not have done it without him.

I won't say planning it wasn't hell, it was. It was like planning 10 weddings at the same time. It was stressful and it was loads more work than I could have ever imagined. But, I'm still glad we did it and it went very well yesterday. I didn't mention on Thursday night, I bent down to pick up something from a goodie box and put the corner of the cardboard box RIGHT into my eye. I went into hysterics, SURE I had punctured my eye. There was so much fluid in my hand, but no=it was only tears. I did rip up my eye and lid, and wore an eye bandage for 2 days to keep my eyelid closed because eyemovements hurt ALOT. I spent a lot of time doing Qi on it on Saturday when it was still hurting like mad, I didn't want to wear an eye patch at the show, but was prepared I would have to. I woke up Sunday with some pain and took the bandages and patch with me but didn't have to wear it thankfully. I think some people thought I was winking at them though cause a few times, my eye was twinky/blinky LOL.

In my intial planning, I had given everyone a bit of space around their tables or racks. When I got there the room was larger than expected so people got to really spread out and make themselves comfortable, so it worked out for everyone-no one was cramped next to each other. The building got alot of light and the ceiling was like one big muted skylight so everyone had plenty of light. We had great DJ's to help set the mood. There was a line out front waiting for the doors to open, and we got a steady stream in most of the day. It was a gorgeous day and it went off without a hitch. Of course I took NO pictures but others did and I'll post a few here when I get them. We can be very proud of what the San Francisco Craft Mafia accomplished.

Theres another change on the horizon too- I need a break to do art, my various projects and build up my own business. I won't be a member of SFCM as of the end of October. I think we have done a great job as a group, so I'm comfortable with moving in in a different direction in the coming year.

Today I am going to do NOTHING!!!! well, thats not true I am gonna clean up a bit cause my house is a NIGHTMARE!!!! I need to update the website too=its on maintanence now.

Again=THANK YOU ALL for being a part of the show!

2 comments:

Petaluma Craft Mafia said...

Aww dog gone it Barbe. I just knew you were gonna say that. I hope you'll be back in the Mafia soon. Enjoyed meeting you mucho. Great group and you put on a helluva show!
LOVE my necklace. You ROCK! Cheryl

Saints and Sinners said...

Thanks Cheryl!