Saturday, March 01, 2008

Where Have I Been???

Lost in oblivion I think!!! The month of Feb has been a 'challenge' in so many ways. Sigh, I'm glad its over.


I did an update on my website-3 yarns on Friday-go me! Also I finished something for a friend I had in my 'to finish' pile for EVER!!!!


I created this scarf for my friend Michael. I wanted to make him something that reflected his artwork. I started spinning and knitting it last YEAR. When moving things around, I decided I need to just get it down and out to him. As the universe would have it=a couple of days later he emailed to tell me he would be in town this week teaching, so it put a fire under my butt to get it down. I call it 'de Meng Bling' and its truly a one of a kind piece - hand dyed Merino 64's wool, handspun with various rusty objet d'arts. I NEED to do more crazy yarns like this, I've kinda faltered on it the past few months....


1 comment:

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi Barbe!
For the past few days I've been organizing the CYBER FYBER trades and creating labels...which has required me to "copy and paste" blog addresses...which, in turn, has allowed me to peek in on several blogs, including yours.

I just wanted to send my best thought to you at this time. Like you, I've always had at least one black cat. They are family.

Now, about this scarf....AWESOME! Truly wonderful!

By the way, thanks so much for trading with me. Please continue to spread the word about CYBER FYBER as I'm planning another round of trades in May for fiber artists who haven't yet participated!

Now...back to work!
Susan