Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The YARN!!!




Here are a couple of pics of my yarn and the project it was used in, in the new book by Lexi Boeger called "Intertwined". This is a GORGEOUS book, and I'd love it even if I weren't included in it! Its a nice, fat book with a ton of beautiful pictures of yarn and projects, the 'how to' illustrations help you create similar yarns and Lexi's passion for fiber makes it a great read.

Also, Lexi encourages others see the beauty of art handspuns and to think more freely when creating with them. She easily answers the question art yarn spinners alwasy get "yes, you CAN knit or crochet something wonderful with this yarn." I think this book will help people understand and appreciate handspun novelty yarns and ignite creativity in crochet/knitters who feel stumped by what to do with art yarn.
Below is a pic of a few of the necklaces I have done over the past week. They are all house shaped, with various patina's and cabs in them. I was very much in a 'home is where the heart is' mood last week. I am in the middle of editing photos, so it may be a while before I get any up on Etsy/website. I wish I had a photo fairygodmother to do it for me!

I have also spun a couple of yarns, dyed a bunch of fiber, took pics for ebay and have more yarn ideas floating around in my head.....




2 comments:

HeArt Collective said...

I'm not even a fiber girl, but I could turn quick seeing yours! Wow!

And how cool are the house pendants... I've been dreaming of pieces like this all week...

xoxo
jul

Tara Finlay said...

Oh. MY. GOD. How f-ing beautiful! I am in awe. Truly in awe. Of both. You rock!