Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Do you know what you want?

I am still working on it myself, determing what I want from an art career. I know what I DON'T want, but thats not really good. If thats all I think about, thats all I'll attract.

So I've been doing some meditative questioning this past week about "what do I want from my art career". I also just got the "I'd rather be in the Studio" book by Art Biz Coach Goddess Alyson Stanford, which is why I am putting thoughts to paper. I HIGHLY recommend this book for anyone who is self employed, not just artists. Its a real motivator and lays out prettymuch what you need to do to get off your butt and get going where you WANT to be.

I've been unfocused for the last few months and its driving me crazy. Various reasons, various excuses-but its time to buckle down and snap out of it.

I have also gotten a number of inspiration books to help pull me out of my confused, stuck in a rut funk too. THAT always helps too!

I've been working on some jewelry for my " Histories: Real or Imagined" relic class. Most of my memory jewelry sold and the pics I have of them were taken with the old camera (which sucked). I took a pic of stuff with the Canon, and sent it to Chel but then decided I wasn't happy with it. I want to make some really COOL pieces and and take a new pic before the class descriptions go up. In typical 'me' fashion, an art piece takes me days to get the right things together and have them 'click'. But I am determined to get 4 things done THIS WEEK, and I will.

Hope you are all having a good week!

1 comment:

Computador said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.