Saturday, May 17, 2008

Putting it out there



As part of my "apply to more call for arts & challenges" goal, I came across Stringing Magazine's jewelry challenge "Channeling Cinderella". A bit last minute, I whipped this up for it and sent it in.

I wonder if it is a bit too "unusual" for them, but never hurts to try. I call it "After the Ball". Made with a gorgeous antique rhinestone clip, vintage crystal, rhinestone and pearl beads, and a couple of regal looking Lion charms to symbolize Prince Charming. The back dangle chain holds a vintage clock key. If Cinderella had had one herself, she could have kept turning the clock back and so the chimes of midnight would never have come.

I can't wait to see what the other entries are. I will post the link to the gallery as soon as it goes up so you can vote for me, or which ever one you like best!




3 comments:

Jessica said...

It's gorgeous! If they don't accept it, they're dumb!

CatHerder said...

omg i love it.....its gorgeous.....your other jewelry posts are great too....we have the same rustic taste in jewelry.....alot like Deryn Mentock...have you seen her stuff??? And as you know im a big DeMeng fan too...i hope i can make my breakthrough one of these days, until then I will just live vicariously through you lol!!! seriously though, great pieces, they really speak to me.

Saints and Sinners said...

Thanks Jessica!

Thanks catherder! We have alot of the same great tastes in stuff so I know you ROCK!!! LOL.

I hope these look like 'my style' and not too much like anyone elses-which isn't easy when people use the same sort of materials. I don't know Deryn Mentock's stuff, but she must be good if you like it cause you ahve great taste.

oh girl you will make your breakthrough!! Did that big "shall remain nameless" Wiccan Store in Salem take your jewelry??? I can't remember if I read they had or not!