Saturday, July 26, 2008

Photos and Linky Love



I took alot of photos, playing around with the camera and finally figured out what works best for me. 100ISO makes everything grainy, my photos turn out great with 400 ISO. I've tweeked with f/stops and exposures and am getting a better handle on it all. I even hooked up the camera to the laptop so I could see the pics bigger as I took them. Gotta love this Canon EOS software! I sorted thru and got the ones I want to make slides of so now I just have to edit the rest to put on the website. The photo above is Arianrhod Shrine Necklace. The pendant unscrews so you can put in affirmations, prayers, crystals, herbs, locket of hair and small photo=whatever you want to carry close to your heart. You could also as a scent pomader instead by putting in a cotton ball or wad of wool with some perfume/essential oils on it. Your body heat will warm the sterling which will warm the oil inside and gently release the aroma. I did put this on the website today.

I want to send a big thankyou and shout out to supercute Monica Burnett for mentioning me on her blog yesterday. She crochets wonderful hats and head gear, and has an amazing eye for color-check out her site for all the colorful goodness she makes.

Now its time for Beading Blogs Linky Love!

Tammy Powley/About.com Jewelry Making Jewelry De-Stash Options - When and if you go through your jewelry making supplies, what options do you have for possibly reselling them? And should you?

Art Bead Scene Art Bead Scene Editor Cindy Gimbrone shows her true colors.

Barbe Saint John Forever trying to take better photos, check out the online Video tutorials I found to help.

BeadStyle Magazine Cathy reviews books a plenty from the BeadStyle magazine library

Jewelry & Beading The new book, 1000 Jewelry Inspirations, hits the mark!

Katie's Beading Blog Katie dishes on all the new beady stuff she saw at the Craft & Hobby Association tradeshow last weekend. New geometric links, new resin components, new beads, oh
Strands of Beads Melissa's making more memento mori (alliterative, eh?) in the studio this week.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hello! I came by to visit from Creative Souls - Link Party. Your jewelry is fabulous! I love the way you blend raw and new treasures.

Barbe Saint John aka Saints & Sinners® said...

Thank you Laura!