Monday, August 25, 2008

A scarf for me



I have all this yarn here and no scarves-how sad is that? Truth be told, I have 3 scarves but none match my coats. My scarves are green and blue and my coats are black or red-go figure. So I wanted to make one that matched so I could keep warm this fall

I dyed and spun the yarn a couple of weeks ago, then crocheted this last week. Blocking it was 'fun' because I don't have the big blocking board anymore and had to use the ironing board. Using an ironing board is not a big deal for most people. However, in our apt when hen the board is up, Neffie thinks its HER new perch, so she kept laying on the damp scarf. Its pretty!!!! I need a bigger brooch or maybe shawl pin for it too.

3 comments:

narkeymarkey said...

hi barbe, oh i love your scarf - the colour is fantastic. crochet is on my long list of things to learn.

thanks so much for your comment on my blog, you might not have realised it at the time but it was very timely encouragement - as i'm so despondent just now and was on the verge of giving up. thanks to you i have renewed interest and determination. here's hoping it lasts! :)

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

you are most welcome! Your stuff is AMAZING! I know sometimes its hard and you want to chuck it all, but thats the time you need to keep working the most and it will help you get thru anything!

big hug to you!

Jessica said...

Very pretty!