Thursday, October 23, 2008

More objects of my affection


Aren't these gorgeous??? A few more things I got in Cardiff to use in an assemblage. I love love love the one with the spiderweb. I spent 15 mins going thru each piece the man had, trying to find another but no luck. I am so happy and feel so blessed that this one was waiting for me to snatch it up. I can't wait to see what I can find when I go back over next summer, perhaps I'll find the spiderwebs mate.
I got an order of metalworking supplies today so I know what I'll be doing this weekend!!!! Most of it is brass but I did get a little sterling too. Silver is down to $9.70 today, nearly 1/2 what is was 4 months ago. I am buying as much as I can now before it goes up again. I want to make a series of necklaces and I'll be making alot of bezels. I use to be able to make a bezel in my sleep, now its a bit more challenging for me. Truthfully it's just a matter of practice to get better. So I bought brass bezel wire to work on that skill and not waste silver.
I've also been thinking about things I want to make for friends for the various upcoming holidays. I have a few things in mind, but need to narrow it down and get started. I don't want to be frantically sewing a dress on Dec 17th to ship out 3 day air. I think this weekend I'll get my notebook and start brainstorming about what to make.

No comments: