Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vintage Lucite Bezel Jewelry & Interactive Art Workshop book



I bought a small stash of vintage lucite bezels a couple of years ago. Since it was a tiny stash, and I've barely used any because I love them so. I decided they would look better ON someone than in a drawer so I set out to do something fun with them last week. I used vintage glass glitter in the gold and silver ones, and regular glitter for the pink and blue. I wish I had more glass glitter in colors but had to use what I had on hand.
I think the "Fanatic Junker" bracelet is my favorite of the lot. Its full of vintage rhinestone parts and super sparkly. I have a few more that in the 1/2 done stage as well.

This morning at 8:15 the Fedex Guy showed up with a package. Thank god I was up and dressed because I am usually just waking up or in the shower that time of morning. He brought my copy of Interactive Art Workshop book by Kim Rae Nugent. OOOHHHH this book is so much fun! I just skimmed thru it super quick and can't wait to plop down in bed tonight and really go thru it. Its so colorful and the photography is gorgeous. I have a few pieces in the book and am so happy to be a part of it. It's all about adding moving parts and texture to your mixed media work, and theres alot of fun projects in here. Here are 2 of my pieces.
Today I am going to work on making some rings and cleaning off my work table again!

1 comment:

Jennifer Perkins - Naughty Secretary Club said...

Oooh I have serious bezel envy right now! La la love the necklaces you made with them.