Saturday, November 22, 2008

What day is it????


WHOOSH! This week has FLOWN by-good grief!!!!!!!!
A creepy necklace I put up-Cabinet of Curiosities-The Bone Collector.
What's not to love??? I really like it and know some other anatomy/mad scientist will too! I don't I'm morbid, I find the body and its parts fascinating.
Because I've been busy this week, I haven't gotten to talk to some friends I wanted to and I feel torn. I am glad I've kept my nose to the grindstone but since I work at home-most of my human contact is on the telephone. So while I've been productive, when I don't talk to anyone-I really don't talk to anyone! That really affects me being the people person I am, and one of my goals for 2009 is do more OUT of the apt while still getting the same amount of work done. I think tomorrow I will go over to MOMA and enjoy the company of art for a couple hours.
Bernie is putting up bunch of art auctions between now and Jan for the A Place to Bark Fundraiser. If you have art or anything! and would like to join the all the fund raising auction festivities to help them raise money, it is easy to do on e-bay via Mission Fish. Whatever percentage you would like to donate, you specify & they will get the funds to A Place to Bark and you will get a tax deductible receipt right away. You can donate 10% or 100%-its up to you. I'll be putting some stuff of this week to help out. Bernie has saved over 400 animals THIS YEAR ALONE, and as soon as the new building is complete she'll save alot more little lives. Read her blog and learn about her rescue but be prepared to cry.
I put it off for as long as I could but I had to make a podiatry appt for Tuesday. The heelspur and plantar fasciitis on my left foot that kicked in full force right before the UK trip hasn't gone away. UGH! After dealing with exteme pain in the right foot for 9 yrs, I do not want to go thru that with the left. Dr. Marino is who finally fixed my right foot, so hopefully he'll agree to just operating on the left rather than go thru all the insoles, orthotics and physical therapy. Not that I want to go under and be in a cast and on crutches for 6 weeks but its better than messing around with the other stuff for years.
On that happy note, back to the grindstone!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Beautiful necklace! And I don't think you're morbid, either.