Thursday, December 18, 2008

Taking it easy

I've been a bad blogger this week. I'm basically taking the rest of the week off. I spent so much time preparing for the last show that I am completely burnt out now. I have LOADS to do-gifts to make, finish and ship off. Photos to edit, jewelry to list,etc... but I'm just to bleh right now to do anything and I'm not going to get mad at myself for being a slacker this week.

My show didn't go as well as I had expected. Not even close, I didn't lose anything (thank god!) but I didn't make what I thought I would let alone surpass my sales goals....not even close. The show had some good traffic but most people were lookers, not buyers. I heard alot of "I love this but can't buy anything for myself" or "my daughter would love this, but she just lost her job and my gift to her is cash to keep a roof over her head" type of comments. Sadly, I was not the only one who had low sales, every vendor was having a very hard time. It was sad, and I really felt for the people who had big ticket items or $6 soaps.

I did get a TON of positive response to my work, which is really nice. Alot of people said "I LOVE this! Its great and there is NOTHING esle like it here."Great to hear, even if they weren't backing it up by purchasing. If I had done the show last year, before the recession I think I would have made a small fortune. Rob stayed with me most of Sat, then Jessica came and sat with me for a couple of hours. Sunday, Rob stayed 2 hours then left. It was a LONG day LOL Carter and I kept checking in on each other that day since she was by herself too. I did spend a good deal of time writing down some things I need to get done and things to check out in the coming year, so time was not wasted. Also, I did get to meet some other amazing jewelry artists, and thats always a positive!

I was reading someone elses blog today and they had a 'what tarot card are you' quiz so I played it. I always get the High Priestess card. Perhaps this means I need to keep searching for the secrets of artistic financial success????


You are The High Priestess


Science, Wisdom, Knowledge, Education.


The High Priestess is the card of knowledge, instinctual, supernatural, secret knowledge. She holds scrolls of arcane information that she might, or might not reveal to you. The moon crown on her head as well as the crescent by her foot indicates her willingness to illuminate what you otherwise might not see, reveal the secrets you need to know. The High Priestess is also associated with the moon however and can also indicate change or fluxuation, particularily when it comes to your moods.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

No comments: