Sunday, January 18, 2009

Beautiful Day


Custom Wanderlust Vintage Map Necklace-"Kyoto Dream" for Rita Bellanca

This weekend was MUCH better then the week preceding it. Sure there was a couple of annoyances, but overall it was LOADS better.

Today I had an appointment with Artist Xchange gallery in the Mission to show them my work. I haven't been there in at least 3 yrs and its a gorgeous space with some REALLY amazing artwork. In particular there were some large mixed media wall pieces I'd LOVE to have. They are now representing me=WOO HOO! I have 16 pieces there, about 1/2 of them brand new. I need to figure out some small earring displays for the cube ASAP.

I also stopped by a boutique where my work would fit in PERFECTLY. I left a card and will contact the owner next week. Its VERY close to the gallery but since my stuff is vastly different from each other and all one of a kind, it should be a problem with competition. I wanted to go to a couple of more stores but my foot was stabbing throbbing and I just hobbled to the Bart and came home.

Sadly my bleeping left foot is going full throttle with the pain. Walking was fun (rolling my eyes) today, let me tell you! I kept it in the night splint all day yesterday and it was fine=until I started walking. My podiatrist wants me to do physical therapy before he will consider surgery-which irks me. I've been stretching, icing, wearing the splint and do the exercises HERE and no response.. sigh...Also, our co-pay is $40 and going to PT twice a week for a month is hard on the wallet. Making me depressed, don't want to think about it anymore LOL

I need to make a better presentation when going to shops. I have been using the jewelry cases, but they are bulky but don't really hold enough of my necklaces. I have a couple of ideas swimming around my head=I need to put down on paper and figure out.

Tonight, icing the foot and making more stuff!!!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Go to the fricking therapy! It's worth the money to get rid of the pain, right??

Ariel said...

Great article, I have my own blog http://herdailydish.com I would love to add you to my blog roll and hope you will do the same - let me know your thoughts. I am also part of www.ShesConnected.com you should check it out and add your profile, it's a great way to promote your business and blog.

I look forward to connecting with you and continuing to read your blog.

Best,
Ariel
Herdailydish@gmail.com

CatHerder said...

omg good for you!!!!!! Two of my spas closed up this month :-( Economy SUX in jersey right now...so its off to a 9-5 job for awhile for me :-( I will keep plugging along...i should really put stuff in my etsy...i never set my paypal up me

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks everyone!

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks everyone!