Cyber Granny Assemblage - Sold
Are you a hoarder? I am, and for years I was happy with it. I LOVED having a big room full of stuff, finding more stuff, collecting stuff, etc.... But as I kept moving to smaller and smaller (and more expensive each time!) places to live my packrat hoard has become a source of stress rather than joy.
I've pared down ALOT. Not collecting vintage hats, purses, teapots, china, clothing, etc.....but I've barely bared down the 'creative stash'. I don't knit, so why do I have nearly 100 pairs of knitting needles??? Not sewing as much so why keep all these scraps. I did get rid of 5 leafbags of fabric scraps when we moved 5 yrs ago believe or not!!! If I'm not using it and not going to use it in the next year, do I REALLY need it or am I holding onto it because of some lack mentality? I'm a big believer in seeing the macro in the micro and vise versa-what is my enviroment saying about my inner landscape? Its saying "CLEAN HOUSE COME QUICK!!!"
Like Cyber Granny, my motto is "and I will!!!! I will let go of physical things I don't need this year and allow better/more useful things to come in. I will be happier knowing that things such as these beaded beads I made 9 yrs ago are getting used rather than rolling around in a drawer. Things should be used, not stuffed away forgotten gathering dust.
And here's this weeks Bead Bloggers Links!
- About.com Jewelry Making Since many of us are trying to get our jewelry studios organized this year, Tammy collected some excellent ideas to help out jewelry designers and crafters of all kinds.
- Art Bead Scene Art Bead Scene's January Challenge is Inspired by Irises. Enter a piece of jewelry and win free beads.
- Art Jewelry magazine Jill's teaching at a retreat; check out the information.
- Carmi's Canvas Flower Bracelet Carmi has a short demo using the new Sticky Back canvas.
- Carter Seibels for Divali Glass Jewelry Carter looks forward to the exciting year ahead and shares some photos from her time away from beads.
Jennifer Jangles Blog Gather some New Years inspiration from the Jangles Blog.
- Jewelry & Beading Cyndi is hosting an educational blitz this month, and she's wondering if you know of classes she should add to the list.
- Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Book Review from Jean: Add some sparkle to your New Year with Crystal Chic, a super pretty book by Debbi Simon
- Strands of Beads Looking for new shopping opportunities? Melissa suggests visiting your local rock shop!
- The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton Andrew creates a buying guide of skull related beads and pendants.