Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Years Intentions


I've spent the last few days, thinking about goals and intentions for 2009. I love this vintage card and felt its meaning was very appropriate=the baby new year wiping the slate clean to start all over again.
2008 had its great moments and some utterly dismal moments, but over all I think I moved ahead in many ways. Its my intention that 2009 will be awesome and I hope the same for each of you as well. I wrote out a long list today of alot of my intentions/goals/desires for the year. Many of them aren't worth mentioning here (like get rid of clutter, clean more, etc...) but some of the bigger ones are:
- Be healthier physically. That entails eating properly, more organical & local, and moving my body more. Dance classes are on the list
-Get more business accounts, press, do more shows and network with other artists and uplifting people. That requires spending more time on researching, applying, etc....
- Do more things for "me", such as sew more, socialize more, spend more time doing daily meditation, reading, taking classes just because, etc....
- Be more proactive in putting myself 'out there'. Apply to more galleries, shows, magazines, etc.. and let people know so they can tell me about opportunities. I missed out on SO many things in 2008 that I want to kick myself over.
- Take help when others offer it. I've always felt selfish taking help but alway willing to give it to everyone. This year I allow myself to give and take help.
- Focus on good things, be positive and surround myself with the same. That means-less complaining, less gossip listening, more positive thoughts, etc....
I think its gonna be a great year and I'm so excited to see what comes of it!

2 comments:

CatHerder said...

2008 wasnt so good for us..losing 3 kitties within 4 months...my jewelry business is tanking with the economy, and we lost a ton of money with the stock plunge...BUT...it does put alot into perspective...im just going to plug along and try to live simpler, and live each day to its fullest. I wish you a happy, healthy and PROSPEROUS new year..and hope the economy bounces back to support the arts :-)

linda said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Joyce

http://www.videophonesguide.com