Thursday, March 05, 2009

Book Review: Rejuvenated Jewels: New Designs for Vintage Treasures




I have one word for this book - LUSH. Maybe uber LUSH. Like one perfect decadent chocolate truffle in a little gold box, this book is delicious, rich, heavenly and make you want to savor every tiny bit!

Rejuvenated Jewels by Amy Hanna is a book you will be reaching for again and again; not only to drool over the creations but to get inspiration from them as well. In the into the author wrote "A friend asked me what did I want to share with my readers ? Did I want this book to teach people how to wire wrap? No. Did I want this book to teach people to use their creativity, to not be afraid to take chances and to believe in themselves? YES!" And that is what this book does. The instructions are written clearly to help beginners enough to get through the projects but also keep the experienced jewelrymakers inspired as well.

Because all of the projects use vintage pieces, you probably won't be able to do an exact replica of any project. Fear not, Amy offers places to search for treasures as well as alternative material suggestions if you can't find the exact item she uses in a project. Personally, I'd LOVE to tag along with Amy at some sales because I rarely see stuff as fabulous as she finds. Maybe some of her shopping luck would rub off on me LOL.

This is a gorgeous and inspiring book for jewelry makers who love vintage and using antique/vintage supplies.

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

Thanks for your great review. I have just purchased this book and now I can't wait to see it!
Enjoy the day!
Erin