Thursday, March 12, 2009

Egyptian Revival Jewelry

I have a huge love of all things Egyptian, especially jewelry. There have been a number of periods in time where the fascination of all things Egyptian surged. The late 1700's, mid 1800's, 1920's, etc..
I especially love Deco era Egyptian Revival Jewelry in particular. But I also have alot of midcentury egyptian themed costume jewelry as well ethnic pieces. I always looking for more too. I found a few fab pieces online I'd love to own.
This Piel Freres Egyptian Revival Buckle is amazing! I'd love to have this for a belt for my 50's Egyptian print dresses I have.
These three examples of Czech poured/molded glass pieces are fun. I have a number of this type of jewelry and always happy to add more to my collection.




This isn't a jewelry piece, but it would be if I owned it. This little enameled souvenir spoon is so detailed and beautiful. Just add a chain and I'd be good to go.


Did you know the Liz Taylor has Egyptian Jewelry thru AVON?? Dang why wasn't I buying Avon in the 90's! I don't like the bracelet but LOVE the earrings!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Oh man. Yeah those Liz Taylor earrings are to die for!

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

fantastic aren't they!!!