Sunday, March 08, 2009

Sunday's Child is Is bonny and blithe

and good and gay. But she isn't feeling it today! The time change always messes with me. I love getting that 'extra hour' of sleep in the fall, but hate losing it in the spring. I wish they just adjust the time by 1/2 hour and leave it that way for good!


Yesterday I want to a local bead shop to find some jonquil AB crystals I needed for a necklace. I've been meaning to order some online but kept putting it it at the bottom of my to do list, and decided I just wanted get them TODAY. I prefer to not go to this particular store because they are REALLY overpriced but it's close to my apt so I went. Sadly, they only had really small crystals 5mm and 6mm but since I was there I got them. I prefer to buy that kind of thing online rather than pay 65c per crystal but I wanted to finish a necklace so I paid. I also got 2 way overpriced rhinestone beads. $1.65 PER rhinestone bead is highway robbery-and those weren't swarovksi rhinestones either.....sigh. Just a reminder to make a list and order ONLINE more often so I don't have to worrry about this sort of thing in the future.

Today was a busy day of recreating something I made recently. I didn't realize I was completely OUT of 20g sterling wire until I needed it. I have some on order but it probably won't be here until Weds or so and I got really bummed out. I started digging the the scrap wire box just in case a piece got thrown in there rather then the drawer with the silver. Luck was with me today, I found ONE piece in exactly the length I needed-thank you universe! So I'm able to complete my project tomorrow instead of having to wait another 2 days.

I need a break from that so I'm going to resize some photo's before I call it a night. Then I'll crawl into bed with the laptop and do my bead bloggers reading!

This weeks bead bloggers links:

  1. Snap out of it , Jean! There’s beading to be done! Jean thinks Barb Switzer’s new book looks extremely cool!

  2. Strands of Beads Melissa finds unusual beady shopping opportunities at museums

  3. About.com Jewelry Making Resin Bead Experimentation! Tammy has been a mad jewelry scientist lately.

  4. Barbe Saint John - New Treasures from Forgotten Artifacts Barbe reviews Amy Hanna’s Rejuvenated Jewels book and swoons!

  5. Bead&Button magazine Anna offers some bead graphing information and some links to useful tools

  6. Candie Cooper Candie’s back with some beading adventures…check out some earrings she made with her editor!

  7. Carmi’s Art/Life World Carmi shows off her ceramic bezel!

  8. Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Melanie shows how she made a quick and elegant Victorian inspired collar using a thrift store belt, some lace, and a hot glue gun.

  9. Jennifer Jangles Blog Jennifer Shares some tips for photographing jewelry.

No comments: