Yesterday I want to a local bead shop to find some jonquil AB crystals I needed for a necklace. I've been meaning to order some online but kept putting it it at the bottom of my to do list, and decided I just wanted get them TODAY. I prefer to not go to this particular store because they are REALLY overpriced but it's close to my apt so I went. Sadly, they only had really small crystals 5mm and 6mm but since I was there I got them. I prefer to buy that kind of thing online rather than pay 65c per crystal but I wanted to finish a necklace so I paid. I also got 2 way overpriced rhinestone beads. $1.65 PER rhinestone bead is highway robbery-and those weren't swarovksi rhinestones either.....sigh. Just a reminder to make a list and order ONLINE more often so I don't have to worrry about this sort of thing in the future.
Today was a busy day of recreating something I made recently. I didn't realize I was completely OUT of 20g sterling wire until I needed it. I have some on order but it probably won't be here until Weds or so and I got really bummed out. I started digging the the scrap wire box just in case a piece got thrown in there rather then the drawer with the silver. Luck was with me today, I found ONE piece in exactly the length I needed-thank you universe! So I'm able to complete my project tomorrow instead of having to wait another 2 days.
I need a break from that so I'm going to resize some photo's before I call it a night. Then I'll crawl into bed with the laptop and do my bead bloggers reading!
This weeks bead bloggers links:
- Snap out of it , Jean! There’s beading to be done! Jean thinks Barb Switzer’s new book looks extremely cool!
- Strands of Beads Melissa finds unusual beady shopping opportunities at museums
- About.com Jewelry Making Resin Bead Experimentation! Tammy has been a mad jewelry scientist lately.
- Barbe Saint John - New Treasures from Forgotten Artifacts Barbe reviews Amy Hanna’s Rejuvenated Jewels book and swoons!
- Bead&Button magazine Anna offers some bead graphing information and some links to useful tools
- Candie Cooper Candie’s back with some beading adventures…check out some earrings she made with her editor!
- Carmi’s Art/Life World Carmi shows off her ceramic bezel!
- Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Melanie shows how she made a quick and elegant Victorian inspired collar using a thrift store belt, some lace, and a hot glue gun.
- Jennifer Jangles Blog Jennifer Shares some tips for photographing jewelry.