Sunday, March 29, 2009

Works in Progress

Work in progress

It was such a gorgeous day here yesterday I had to get out of the house. I've been itching to go thrifting but thrifting here is SOOOO dismal. But yesterday I used it as my excuse to go out and spend the afternoon at one and Pearl looking for stuff to use for some of the ideas floating about my brain. It was not fruitful and all I got at the thrift was a pressed glass vase for my brushes. Nice, but not STUFF for making other stuff like I wanted.
At Pearl I had the same luck. They were out of what I wanted=no suprise there. No paper clay, no resin measureing cups, no Golden Crackle paste and no color wheels..sigh... I did spend an enjoyable afternoon with Rob though thru all these errand misadventures and that was nice.
The photo above is what I am working on today. I had started the base 3 or 4 yrs ago and it sat. Today I got the image of thie dragon and devil and thought "this works together". I initally thought it would be about fighting evils. I started gathering some stuff for it, and it went a few different directions, but it has decided it wants to be of religious symbology-red for the apple in the garden of eden, the devil hiding in the rocks watching and manipulating, etc... It's always interesting to see a project change and mold before your eyes.

Yesterday I got together some class samples and this photo is for my Jewelry Alchemy class. Aren't they all so pretty together?
I'll let you know when it is scheduled.
Also, it's looking like I'll be coming out to Charlotte, NC area to teach at the end of May. More details when we get them nailed down! I'm so excited about it, I've only ever driven thru both of the Carolina's never visted either and I'll be doing both!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Oh, wow. I love the MOP crucifix on the far right. *drool*

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

thanks Lydia!