Blue Ribbon Winner - mixed media necklace
Wow, a week sure flies by when you are laying in bed, wiped out from a crappy flu bug. I never get a cold but somehow always manage to have 2 HORRIBLE flu's a year. I thought for sure I'd make it thru the winter with out one, but oh no....it was just waiting for Spring!
I'm finally at about 75% health and hoping tomorrow I'm 100%. I haven't done anything but sleep or think about all the things I wanted to do when I didnt' feel like crap. I have had alot of revelations and going over things in my head. Lots of "if they can do it, so the hell can I!!!!" sorts of things, and now I just need to put them into action. I have a TON of things to do, and need to organize my time better.
Also, I finalized a teaching gig that I'm super excited about! I'll be teaching a Theater of Dreams Shrine class in Lancaster, SC on May 23. I'll post full details tomorrow. Also, I have some other FAB news I can't share yet-TOP SECRET!!!! but it is thrilling me so much and I can not WAIT to tell you about it. For now though, MUM's the word!!!!!
I haven't had the energy or focus to blog so I'm a day late with the bead bloggers but there's lots of good stuff to read!
- About.com Jewelry Making Tammy has some tips for branding yourself and your jewelry product while also putting together some awesome packaging.
- Art Bead Scene Feeling out of step with the trends? Here's some inspiration for the Fall 2009 season!
- Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts Barbe reviews Dr. Weiman's 101 More Jewelry Selling Techniques Ebook.
- BeadStyle Magazine Linda's jewelry does the Lindy Hop far better than she does... check out her inspiration!
- Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi features a mini canvas pendant on a felted background, creating a collage brooch.
- Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Using gluable bracelet blanks from Rings and Things, Melanie shares ideas for how to use them in two very different ways.
- Jewelry & Beading The question of the month on Jewelry & Beading is about your hardest business decisions. Let your voice be heard!
- Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!If it has Margot Potter's name on the cover, you know it will be a super fun and interesting book! Beyond the Bead, Margot's latest, is just that!
- Strands of Beads Melissa shows off a celadon-themed necklace she made for Ornament Thursday.
- The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton A sleepless night for Andrew produced seven new necklace designs.