Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cultivating an attitude of gratitude


specimen necklaces ©Barbe Saint John/Saints & Sinners®

So while the beginning of my week wasn't so pleasant, it has been turning itself around. I needed to look at why certain stupid things upset me so, understand why I reacted as such, then focus on all the wonderful things in my life right now and what's to come. Gotta keep that "attitude of gratitude" going or you just sink into the mire.

I got into the Wholesale Trade Show, San Francisco International Gift Fair a couple of months ago-SUPER happy about that. I've been thinking about new products. Since almost everything I make is one of a kind, it's a bit more challenging to do a wholesale show. On the other hand, one of a kind is also a big selling point as well. I'm working on some new products that I can do in multiples = like the Specimen pendants I have above. I have a limited stock of the vintage bezels but enough to take orders on at the show. I'm not sure how to string them though so I'm trying different things. So far a thin sterling chain looks the best.

I finally got the new lightbulbs for photographing today. Haven't tried them out yet but these ones are clearly marked "full spectrum" so I think they'll be fine.

I got most of my supplies and junque for the shrine workshop next weekend packed into boxes. I now need to dig out a small suitcase and pack everything up this weekend. I'm really excited too! Not taking too much, and anything I forget I will just get there or borrow from Heather.

I'm going to leak a little bit of a secret tomorrow too-stay tuned!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, way to rise above, you set a good example! :)

I don't know how you do all that you do!!

HeArt Collective said...

Girl, you ROCK... that's truly all there is to it. Have a great trip to SC and hug Heather for me...

xoxo
jul

Deryn Mentock said...

How cool are these?!

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks Lisa! I'm trying to be LOL

Julee-YOU ROCK!!! I will give Heather a big hug from you!

Deryn- thanks so much!