Friday, May 15, 2009

Secrets revealed..........


Like this teaser pic? After a few months of hinting around and biting my tongue, I'm finally able to tell share my happy & exciting news. I'm was chosen to be on the first ever Objects and Elements Design Team!!!! This is one of my projects you'll see soon over on the Objects and Elements blog.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Susan Lenart Kazmer, whether thru seeing her jewelry work, read her blog or taken a class with her. She is an amazingly talented artist and instructor. I love her to death, and was over the moon when I was asked to be on the team. I think I screamed OH MY GOD at the top of my lungs and fell off my chair when I saw the email, to be honest. Keeping quiet about this was one of the hardest things I've had to do because I'm so excited about it I wanted to tell EVERYONE! I am thrilled, honored and humbled to be a part of this group of INCREDIBLY talented women.

Our Design Team members are Jen Cushman, Deryn Mentock, Kristen Robinson, Jane Salley and me! Jen is also the new media manager & design team co ordinator for Objects and Elements. She's put a lot of hard work into creating the new blog, doing P.R. and corraling us creative ladies - a big round of applause to her for all the hard work she has done.

In the coming weeks, you'll be able to see our creations on the new Objects and Elements Blog. We'll be creating some lovely projects using amazing supplies from the Objects & Elements store, along with various found objects, beads, wire, etc... The blog has just gone live and will soon have lots of content like featuring jewelry by Susan Lenart Kazmer and her business partner, Jewelry Designer Linda Larsen, more about the design team, updates on new store items, guest artist features, reader challenges and more. You don't want to miss out on any of the fun, so be sure to add the RSS feed to your blog links or add to bloglines or Google Reader

You all know I'm a big fan of ICE resin and it's the resin I use for my jewelry work. You can buy that online at the Objects & Elements store along with a variety of unique beads, fibers, bezels, resin molds and tools for your art jewelry making needs.

13 comments:

kecia said...

that is so great! i was over at the blog earlier! i wish that was a store, i 'd hang out there all day (but only if the dream team and susan were there!). i'm excited for you - hard work is well deserved, is my motto!
xoxo,
kecia
interested in trying for dinner the one night i'm in san fran in aug?

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks Kecia!I'm with you-if it were a store, I'd HAVE to live next door or across the street!

I'd love to do dinner if possible-email or Facebook message me with your details!

Bead-Mused said...

Wonderful! Congrats to you! I'll be sure to link to the Objects & Elements Blog and send lots of readers over. Yay!!

Penny A. said...

FABulous, news! Beautiful 'sneak peek' pic -- looking forward to more!

Juanita Bitonti said...

THAT'S FANTASTIC, BARBE! I love Susan's work and have taken her workshops in the past. Love it Love it. So happy you will be on the Design Team. Congrats.

Deryn Mentock said...

I felt the same, Barbe! Nice teaser...very nice!

Lisa said...

Well deserved and exciting!! Congratulations!!

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Jen Cushman said...

It *was* hard keeping a secret, wasn't it??? I couldn't wait to tell everyone about your work and how thrilled we are about having you on our team. You are a terrific artist, Barbe! I hope people RSS feed your blog and O&E for constant inspiration. XOXOXO Jen

HeArt Collective said...

congratulations, miss! have fun... i can't WAIT to see what you come up with!
xoxo
jul

Cyndi L said...

Congratulations, Barbe!! This is fantastic :-)

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Barbe,

SQUEE!! But I'm not surprised - your work is awesomely wonderful and is a perfect fit for Objects and Elements!!!

You go girl! I can't wait to see what all you come up with - it's gonna be fantabulous!

Bead on!!
Cindy

Jean said...

Barbe--this is so great! congratulations!!!

jean! xox