Thursday, May 07, 2009

Sometimes you need a do-over and a make-over


Fit for a Queen

do-over: noun
Definition: a chance to redo an action. A repeat of a previous activity, with the hope of greater success.
Etymology: alluding to going back in time
Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of EnglishCopyright © 2003-2009 Dictionary.com, LLC


I'm feeling the need for a "do over"in a few areas of my life right now. Nothing bad or catastrophic, just want to do things a little different and a little better. Perhaps makeover is a more appropriate word. Go big or go home mentality. That includes things/decisions I've already made/done as well as future goals. I am looking at everything with a different perspective. Some things can be altered, some things just need to go.

I'm also re-working some of my assemblages and jewelry. I looked at Love Philter when packing for the show last week and it looked too blah and kinda sad.

So I gave it a make over, and I think it looks a lot better.


5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oooh! Very pretty! I liked it before, but it's even better now.

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks Jessica! I think its better now too!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Barbe,

I learned something - "do-over" is a noun in the dictionary - go figure! I always thought it was slang. Very cool it's in the dictionary.

I like the do-over you showed today. The touch of lace adds interest and softness to the piece.

Lovely as always!

Cindy

Natasha said...

I came across your lovely page while perusing blogs today and wanted to leave a little note of encouragement, as your blog entry is so very timely. I too am going through a period of change both personally and professionally as I grow in life and as an artist. You are a creative and wonderfully talented woman with your own unique artistic voice -- I wish you much continued success throughout this journey!

Warmly,

Natasha

Michele Lynch Art said...

I thought the necklace looked great, but then after the do-over it looks amazing!!