Sunday, June 28, 2009

Questioning the unknown


Dear Supreme Being/Beings/Powers that be,

I know you have a grand plan for me. I know there is SOME reason that instead of being in a small Cardiff apt, getting read to start a Welsh Language intensive Wlpan at Cardiff University tomorrow morning, I'm still in SF. Don't get me wrong, I love my home and family. Also, I'm loving the REAL summer weather and 80 degress outside but I'm still sad I'm not in Cardiff right now. I know you've got a REALLY GOOD reason for it...really, its good, right? Hello..............Hello..................

Not to sink into a solitary pity party, I will focus on the positives. It IS a gorgeous summer day today and a great day for the Pride Parade. Pride Day isn't the same with my cat Pan. He use to love watching the parade on tv. We had pics of him watching it but lost them when my computer did a big crash last year. I thought about taking the pooches down but DJ is still really fearful of lots of noise and I think it would be too much for him. Bettie, would bark her head off but you wouldn't be able to hear her over the crowd. So we'll watch a bit of it on TV then go over to the park and let the doggies soak up the sun.

I'm not going to be late with my Bead Bloggers post today either. We have a few new bloggers, so theres LOTS Of reading for you to enjoy!

A Bead A Day: Lisa shares her selection of summery pink beads and crystals. The "Watermelon Crawl" bead mix is sure to conjure up visions of a family picnic on a warm summer day!

About.com Jewelry Making: Take these quick polls about wearing and making jewelry. Which are your favorite pieces?

Art Bead Scene: The Trendy Bead shows off wood filigree pendants.

Barbe Saint John: Read Barbe's interview on the Objects and Elements blog

Beading Art:s Cyndi's initial thoughts on working with the new CopprClay. There'll be lots of projects coming this summer!
Carmi's Art/Life World; Carmi hand felts a pretty bead from wool roving.

Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva: A trip to glass city doesn't go as well as planned. Yet Cindy finds inspiration and few new tools!

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles: Melanie mixes up gunmetal chains and components with brass to make a necklace with one of her Toolbox Treasure pendants

Humblebeads: Heather sketches out some new designs using this summer's hottest color.

Jean Campbell Ink: Eureka!: Beading in the fresh air clears the mind, bringing fresh creativity

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio: Searching for some new inspiration? Lorelei's got just the place for you to find it!

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!": Jean reviews Wirework, a new book by the famous Dale "Cougar" Armstrong

Strands of Beads : Melissa shows off her new lunar phases and compass rose designs

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton: Andrew introduces eight new fine pewter pieces from his family's company, Green Girl Studios.

2 comments:

Cyndi L said...

Barbe darling! I finally saw your fabulous article in Belle Armoire Jewelry!! You rock :-)

Lisa said...

Hi Barbe!! I loved your note to the universe, I know exactly how you feel! However, I must say your fan club sure is glad you where you are! :) Have a great week!