Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back to Reality


The Mighty Boosh - San Diego Comic Con 2009

Back from San Diego, and all my focus can now return to reality, rather than finally seeing The Mighty Boosh in person. Now my life goes back to "normal" but I've never been a big fan of "normal" though so I need to shake things up a little.

It was a great trip, although sadly I never got any face time with them. I'm not the kind of person who gets all starry eyed over celebrities, just the opposite. I think that acting, singing, playing an instrument is just a job and we all have jobs. Sure, some pay better and have better perks, but in the end we are all just people doing a job. I have met alot of celebrities and have friends who are "famous" people, but have never treated them any differently than I treat anyone else I have met. That being said, every once in a while I DO have someone that I get all crazy fangirl over and for the last 5 yrs its been The Mighty Boosh. If you are into celebrity sightings, Comic Con is the place to go. The brief time I was at the convention I saw, said hi or talked to a bunch of people including Gene Simmons and Kevin Sorbo.

The autograph line for the Boosh boys was closed by the time we got there. I had NO idea there would be as many Boosh Fanatics as there were at this event. We did get to go to a party/live show and that was really cool. I'm hoping they will do a US tour now that they can see the fan base will support it.



The convention was mad, so packed! This photo is the END of the line to get into the big hall at 10am on Sat morning. I had to take 3 photos to capture the full line start to finish. I read it took over 90 minutes to get from there into the big hall that showed the big panels like the Twilight Movie. There are TONS of panels with interesting people, but many you have to sit in that one room all day to make sure you get a seat. Thats what we had to do for the Boosh Panel, luckily we had interesting panels to watch. The first was for a sci/fi detective show called "Past Life". It will be airing on Fox sometime late this year or early next. I had a nice time talking to Nick Bishop who is the male lead in the show while waiting in the hotel lobby Sat morning. After that was a panel with Hunter and Stan Freburg. They were just adorable. Stan is the voice of many Warner Bros Cartoon characters. Then finally the Boosh Panel which was filled to capacity (1000 people) and nuts with people screaming.

And for a place that is HUGE with over 100,000 people I STILL ran into people I know LOL. During the Freburg panel, they lowered the lights to show a cartoon and I thought it was a great time to run out to the ladies room. While I'm scurrying along the back aisle I noticed someone out of the corner of my eye looking at me. I quickly shot a glance over and saw it was my old friend Tom who I haven't seen in about 5 yrs! How crazy is that!

Now its back to work. I have the SF International Gift Fair next week and I'm REALLY not prepared for it. I haven't decided how to set up the booth, not sure what to use for displays, need a bigger sales book, get that merchant account and Iphone credit card processor app, haven't gotten the stuff to fireproof my tablecloth, haven't printed off lookbooks, need more jewelry, etc....... I also need to replenish RAG and Artists X-change this week too. And to top it off, Ms. Keesha will be in town Aug 4th so I finally get to meet her!! No rest for the wicked I suppose!

ooh, almost forgot! I am doing a little guest blogging over at the Objects and Elements blog along with Deryn. We're adding tips, hints and tricks about using O&E products while Jen settles in with her brand new beautiful baby girl Izabella. Deryn put up a great post about using sari silk ribbon and yarn, along with some gorgeous photos. I put up one on resin, so please check them out.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I really wanted to make it to Comic-Con this year, but...didn't. Obviously. Someday, though!!!

Happy to hear you had a good time!

Michele Lynch Art said...

OMG I love the mighty boosh! I thought my goofy family was the only ones who answer the phone to each other saying things like "I'm Old Grrrreeeeg!" LOL!

Glad you had a great time!