Sunday, July 19, 2009

Is it Sunday Already?



I feel like this bracelet this week, warm and a bit tropical. It's been such a beautiful week in SF, I have been working on alot of things but all off line. I even bought a Retro Butterick pattern and cut out/sewed a dress yesterday. I use to sew alot, but barely do anymore. I get the sewing urge often but usually don't have the motivation.
But I needed to add a 3 inch hem to a vintage dress I love but shrunk from cleaning so a trip to the fabric store after my awesome hair cut was in order. I cut a piece of fabric from the inside of the dress and took it to the fabric store to find a similiar match. How fortunate was I to find a fabric that was a near exact match!

While there, I picked up a pattern I've been wanting because they were 40% off. My 'new dress' needs a zipper because of course of the 8900000 I have here, none are the right length or color, but it will be a nice day dress when done. My vintage dress looks great now that it covers my rock filled knees. I made a tube of fabric and hand stitched it over the seam. It matches the detail of the neckline so it looks like it was made that way, not like its someone trying to make a dress longer.

I have lots to blog about - 2 books to review, a GORGEOUS pendant from Art Beads to review and other things, I just need to SIT here and do it. But its been so sunny and warm I want to be away from the computer and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

This weeks Bead Bloggers, I'm on time this week!

About.com Jewelry Making How has your web store experience been? Are there too many 3rd partry sites to sell or buy jewelry these days? Take the poll as a sell or buyer.
A Bead A Day Can a piece of jewelry create a feeling of calm and happiness? Check out Lisa's starry bracelet made with "new jade" stones.
Art Bead Scene ABS Editor Heather is on the road. Check out her quick project!Beading Arts Cyndi shows you the steps to making a simple but sparkling necklace from CopprClay!
Barbe Saint John Barbe reviews Simply Gemstones book
Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva Gets Loopy Check out Cindy's new project in the summer edition of Step by Step Wire!
Drawing Dilemma Jean asks her friends about what drawing programs they use for beading illustrations Carmi's Art/Life World Rub-ons and leather - a cool combination for this cuff sample.
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Lights, Camera, Action! Melanie tells a tale of her Beads, Baubles, and Jewels televison taping experience.
Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio Lorelei is giving away a necklace and a copy of Creative Jewelry!
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton Busier than a bee, Andrew shares fifteen new jewelry designs.
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean discusses finishing up the challenge "Use the Muse II" which was thought up by Scarlett Lanson, Rainbows of Light.com and Artbeads.com. She enjoyed it very much, particularly because it made her think!
Strands of Beads Melissa shows off a new variation of her lunar phases toggle

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Butterick brings back home-ec memories! I sucked at sewing then and still do but I enjoy it more now. That's half the battle, right?

Love that bracelet! Good luck finding a zipper.

Lisa said...

Hi Barbe! Just stopped by to say HI, I just love that bracelet. Wow, great design and so creative!!

CatHerder said...

So pretty Barb...i love anything tropical...anything Frida!

Furniture removalists said...

I must say, the bracelet is gorgeous. I notice that it’s made out of scrap buttons. You’re very creative to think of creating something like this.

Properties in Manila said...

I love the bracelet you made it’s fabulous. It suits your mode well. Have a great day!