Sunday, August 30, 2009

Slow and Steady wins the Race


click for more detail ©Barbe Saint John/Saints and Sinners®
This little lot is some of the pieces I finished this week. I have a number of components and half done pieces as well. Not as many as I wanted, but the Muse has her own time table and can not be rushed. The seahorse pendants I did months ago, but only the past couple of days came together. As much as I try, I just can't rush my productivity.
Also, I got so many new things to play with I don't know where to begin. Laughable I know, but I feel like a kid at Christmas who wants to play with everything and ends up playing with the empty boxes. Sometimes too much choice is a bad thing if you aren't ready for it. I'm grateful for the abundance, I just need to grow into it a but more.
I got another load of wonderful bezels from Patera I can't wait to create with. I'm in the middle of planning a Saints and Sinners necklace that I'll be using them for. A lot of people asked for one at the gift fair, and it was "on the list" so I decided I needed to DO it rather than just think about it. I also got a box of goodies from Kristin at Retro Art Cafe, that I am dying to dive into. On her blog I read that she just added some exclusive Coffin shrine kits, I think they would be perfect for some demented jewelry! Tomorrow though, I need to take a ton of photos and edit/upload... one of my least favorite tasks.
For some more inspiration, check out this weeks Bead Bloggers!
The writing and art of Andrew thornton. Beadfest Philadelphia was packed with talented artisans and bead-makers. See what Andrew picked out!

Jewelry & Beading Looking ahead to the fall, Cyndi shows how to make a new necklace called "Autumn Arbor".

Katie's Beading Blog Katie's mixing metals and a fun peyote bail with a giant crystal disk.

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio Lorelei is hosting a Necklace Round Robin, but you have to leave a comment to be entered to win a spot!

Earthenwood Studio Chronices Melanie shows off some fun experiments that she has seen coming out of her studio, mixing copper and pewter

A Bead A Day Have you ever used sterling silver curly-Q tubes in your jewelry designs?? Lisa is searching for cool ideas for these adorable tubes.

Art Bead Scene Art Bead Scene expands the editorial staff and welcomes Lorelei Eurto!

Cindy Gimbrone aka The Lampwork Diva Cindy unveils a new series of Art Nouveau inspired beads. In French it's known as "Stile Floreal" and in English it's the "Floral Style."

Carmi's Art/Life World Carmi uses shrink plastic to make a neat little bracelet.
About.com Jewelry Making Do you use blogging to promote your jewelry business? Tammy has some thoughts for you on this.

7 comments:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Oh my gosh, your pieces are GORGEOUS!! I especially love the necklace with the black rosary chain!
And THANK YOU for the shout out. That was a lovely surprise :).
xoxo,
Kristin

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks Kristin!

icandy... said...

Wayyyy too cool, girl! Those necklaces are fantabulous!!!
HUGS!
Christina

Andrew Thornton said...

You seem pretty productive to me!

robin dudley-howes said...

I wish I could make that much stuff in the same amount of time! It's all so fun to look at.
robin

Replica Jewelry said...

Wow what a beautiful collection of bracelets. I really like all these bracelets. Thanks a lot for sharing such a nice collection with us.

sandileejames said...

You do such wonderful work. You can see mine on my flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandileedesigns/

I would have just send you an email with all of these comments together, but couldn't find that info on your blog. Please feel free to not post my comments. They are meant for you, anyway.

Sandi