Sunday, September 13, 2009

Expect the Unexpected


Sometimes you get a feeling that something is about to change, but you don't know what. You are filled with elation or trepidation, and usually a mix of both. You pay attention more and look for symbols or rhythms. And BAM- there it is! It's been a really amazing weekend. I had planned to put my nose to the grindstone and get a bunch of things done. I needed to finish up these class samples and proposals for Art Unraveled,mail a birthday package off to my birthday twin Kecia, work on more pieces for the galleries and work on design team samples for Objects and Elements as well as for AlphaStamps.

But most of that didn't happen, because the universe had other plans for me. Completely out of the blue and by a monumental number of bizarre coincidences, I met the beautiful young woman I gave up for adoption so many years ago. Not completely unexpected as I KNEW we would always be reunited, but the way and speed with which it all happened is ASTOUNDING to say the least. I feel very very blessed in so many ways right now. Everything else I had planned for the weekend was miniscule in proportion. The emotions have been all over the place this weekend -disbelief, excitement, nervousness, fear, elation, joy, etc.....The floodgates were opened and they all came spilling out. For me the shock has worn off, and I said goodbye to a very long chapter of my life. Now, a new one opens and its exciting to see where it goes from here.

Today I actually got my mind to mostly focus on work that needed to be done ASAP, but I'm not complaining about the reason why I did nothing else on Friday and Sat ;-)

I got the AU class proposals done and off. I gathered up some things for Redux Gallery (photo above) and packed up Kecia's box. This coming week I need to get things for Artist Xchange, start destashing a bunch of yarn and stuff and take more photos. Also, I got a commision request this weekend for a Tidepool Necklace so I'll be add that to my "to do" list for the week. Also need to schedule a haircut too!

There's also a ton of great reading to do from the BeadBloggers linky love too!

r
A Bead A Day
Design ideas wanted!! If you have an extra minute, please stop by to see if you can help Lisa out with a suggestion for her co-worker's designer Italian pendant.



About.com Jewelry Making
Copper is hot right now! Find out about a new book review just posted concerning copper.



Art Bead Scene
Art Bead Scene's September Challenge is Kandinsky's Improvisation No. 23.



Carmi's Art/Life World
Carmi uses chessboard crystals to create a floor for her ballerina necklace.
l


Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva
Cindy's obsession with bronze metal clay continues. She shows off her new Art Nouveau floral charms.



Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
Melanie shares a sparkly crystal and brass pendant that she unearthed while cleaning her studio
http://earthenwood-beads.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-post.html


Jean Campbell
Jean reviews the new Crystallized Swarovski Elements #5328 bicone



Jewelry & Beading
Cyndi has finished another CopprClay necklace and wants to share the instructions!



Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
Lorelei is having fun using lots of Lynn Davis components in her designs this week!


Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Jean comes across her "Digg it" necklace--far out! She's like an archaeologist!



The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Matcha green tea from Matcha Source defeats the doldrums and inspires Andrew to create a new bracelet!



4 comments:

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Wow! I was crying reading about your reunion. Is she artsy or creative like mum?

TesoriTrovati said...

What a fascinating turn of events! I just wrote on Sunday about Dare To...Count Your Blessings...that is indeed a blessing. I am so glad that you have found a way to reconnect and be a part of your daughter's life. You have such an amazing spirit, Barbe and I am sure that she will be like a new facet in the jewel of your life.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Kerin said...

Congrats Barbe ~ this is such fantastic news!

I was reunited with my son also and it was the most amazing experience to meet him and also when my other three met him for the first time. He said that he was so glad for his parents that raised him but until that day he never understood how significant genetics could be and that he felt such a strong connection to everyone. All four of my kids are technical and very artistic too.

I'm so happy for you that you have found each other!!!

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Rhonda=she is! She has the psychic sense too and sees auras. I am looking forward to getting to know her better.

Thanks Erin. I love your quote about "another facet on the jewel of life" that is so beautiful. Thank you so much

Kerin - we are new friends and I had no idea you were a BMom too. Wow! I'm so glad to hear your reunion has been wonderful. I am hoping for the same. We'll have to talk!