Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bead Bloggers!


Where did the week go?? Bettie wonders the same thing.
Is Mercury still in retrograde, because it has been a week of setbacks and frustrations for me. Sigh..... I don't like losing time to things gone wrong and do overs, makes me cranky. I didn't get to do a review of Enchanted Adornments yet, or put up my Round Robin necklace photos. Fear not, I will have lots to post this coming week.

I did order resin this week. I have been OUT of both quick set and ICE Resin©, how is a resin artist supposed to work without resin?? She can't, so she finally wrote herself a note and ordered some. And I got QB Pro 2010 thru Amazon Vine program. I haven't installed it yet, but will this week. I STILL don't get it, but my goal is to figure it out and use the dang program BEFORE the end of the year. It may kill me, but I'll figure it out.
BEFORE the day slips past me again and I neglect my beadblogger duties I better post my Bead Bloggers links right now. There are all kinds of great links, so get a cuppa, settle yourself in a cozy chair and do some jewelry reading!

A Bead A Day Does a simple design equal a "Zen" experience? Lisa would love to hear your thoughts on when simple designs are able to make an impact.

About.com Jewelry Making After posting a new jewelry book review for a very cool mixed media book, Tammy is looking a head to other reviews coming up very soon.

Art Bead Scene You've heard of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants? Well, this Sisterhood shares bracelets.

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts Barbe gets tangled up with Chain Style book review

Carmi's Art/Life World Carmi decided to finally use her bead stash from Paris.

Cindy Gimbrone aka the Lampwork Diva Cindy's got some new findings from Ornamentea. What's she going to make with them?

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles The inspiration for Melanie's Machinery of Nature necklace comes from science, steampunk, and nature.

Jean Campbell Jean struggles through the creative process while bezeling some unusual crystal shapes

Jewelry & Beading Little beaded flowers are addictive to make, and before you know it, you've got enough for a complete necklace!

Katie's Beading Blog Check out Katie's ideas on making your old beads new again- and make some affordable gifts along the way!

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio Better get on board, Lorelei is having the last of the Enchanted Adornments giveaways. Leave a comment to play!
Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean has a little Boo power going on for her in this hand made Halloween bracelet!

Strands of Beads Melissa shows off metal clay goodies from Rings & Things

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton Andrew revisits a bracelet design and creates six others.

2 comments:

Lola M. said...

Mercury in retrograde indeed:) Love your baby Bettie! I have one of my own named Bella. I am so glad I found your blog, love to find others with similar tastes and I'm trying to come out of my shell a bit more. Best of luck, do-overs make me cranky, too:)

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks for commenting Lola! Yes do come out of your shell, it's fun out here with us!