Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Miniature Masterpiece Beads from Artbeads.com


I got this absolutely GORGEOUS Russian hand painted Mucha bead from Artbeads.com about 2 months ago. put up a post about this gorgeous bead a few weeks ago and only last week realized it has disappeared. I don't know if it even posted or not, and it is gone from my dashboard. I pulled out the necklace to take more pics and repost. Its a blessing in disguise because I took it apart and re made it, and I am MUCH happier with this version of the necklace.

This bead is Mucha's "Evening Star. I can't even to begin to describe how breathtaking beautiful it is in person. I has a luminescence the camera can not pick up. It is a miniature portrait on onyx and truly is a work of art. I must have tried 45 different design combinations but nothing seemed right the first go around of making a necklace with it. Nothing was "grand" enough. Eventually, I got something that was "ok" but it didn't really thrill me. This time though, I got the right combination of beads to really show off the pendant.

I used an assortment of different colored vintage crystals as the dangle, 2 large mink colored AB Swarovski beads, a leaf connector from Patera, 2 vintage brass beads, black rosary chain and a large lobster clasp from Rings and Things. Now it really makes a statement, and is perfect to wear this fall.

Check out more of these amazing Russian art masterpiece beads and many other gorgeous beads from Artbeads.com!

10 comments:

Jo Archer said...

I'm a big Mucha fan and this is beautiful!

missficklemedia.com said...

This is beautiful! Hand painted?!? How awesome is that? The beads you choose to go with are perfect!

I would really, really like for you to come by my blog for my latest post, Pinky and I have a surprise for you!

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks ladies. This bead is AMAZING in person. If you are thinking about getting one, you will be VERY happy with it.

~Izabella said...

Just found out a couple days ago, that Art Beads is about 3 minutes from my house ;) xo!! ~Bella

Cyndi L said...

Great selection of colors to complement the pendant, Barbe!

Jeannie said...

I really think you nailed it. It's gorgeous!

Jean said...

Very sensuously and beautifully crafted necklace, Barbe! I love it!

jean xox

Regina said...

Beautiful, your combination of beads and colors makes the pendant stand out. I also like the black crystals in the black, very sexy!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Ooh, la, la! I just faint over those hand-painted Russian beads, and your necklace showcases the focal so beautifully!

Marialuna said...

Oh my...very pretty!!