Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday and the living is easy...........


ok, I know that's not QUITE they way the song goes but it is the way my day has gone. I slept for over 10 hours last night. and got a VERY late start to the day. Which has kind of been par for the course all week. This stomach thing took more out of me than I thought, so I was slow moving all week. I have been at the worktable off an on, between laying down. I got a full box of stuff to photograph as evidenced above. I also made 12 pair of earrings not pictured. I also made all these lovely wearable shrine pendants. Not sure I will turn them into necklaces or just sell as pendants on Etsy. Need to figure that out ASAP.
It was a gorgeous day on Friday, and Rob and I took a quick trip over to Chinatown. I love going to my big herb store and chide myself for not doing it more often. I wanted to get some lotus seed paste mooncakes from Golden Gate Bakery but there was a HUGE line so I didn't. I can (and should) go next week and get myself some.
I also got my box of necklaces from the Round Robin to work on. OOOOHHH!!! they are all so beautiful! I'm still working on one but when it's finished I'll post all the photos, hopefully tomorrow!
This weeks bead bloggers:
A Bead A Day Do you have a distinctive style or do you go where the wind blows you? Lisa would love to hear about your design process.

About.com Jewelry Making Fall is in the air, at least in some areas of the world, so it is time to think about making fall jewelry.

Art Bead Scene ABS shares a motherlode of giveaways for October.

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts Barbe gets a mini artpiece from Artbeads.

Carmi's Art/Life World Carmi makes some resin filled embellishments quickly!

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva There's a new addition to the Heartz n Skullz Family. Come check out the new Skully Bowz!

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Melanie heats things up with some fire inspired crystal and porcelain beads in her newest necklace from her Art Beads crystal week

Jean Campbell Jean reviews Wendy Ellsworth's wonderful new book, Beading--The Creative Spirit.
Jewelry & Beading Cyndi shares the instructions for a special necklace that she made for a friend, called "The Fourth Day of Creation"

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio Lampwork glass beads always end up in Lorelei's work, and she passes on links to one of her favorites!

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean is wowed by the plethora of activities a beader can find this weekend, both online at Earthenwood Studio and also at the supergreat classic, Soft Flex Glass Art and Bead Festivals!

Strands of Beads Melissa shares her new work, "Natural Selection", that placed Second in the Necklace category of the Bead Arts Award 2009

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton See what Andrew whipped up when he sat down in the studio after a dry spell.

4 comments:

mairedodd said...

you got tons of stuff done! and i don't think sublime would mind the modification at all, it's the vibe, not the words, that matter! :0)

Michele Lynch Art said...

Sorry you've been feeling bad lately. Wow look at all that eye candy! You got alot done! Love the little shrines! You are always an inspiration! Feel better soon! Michele

susanc said...

LOVE the shrine pendants! I hope you feel much better SOON!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

WOW!!!!!!! I would love to show these too! You really are amazing!
xoxo,
Kristin