Monday, November 16, 2009

Bad Blogger

Yikes, its been a while since I've blogged.Will try to remedy that this week!


I've been working on some funky new jewelry pieces, like these head shrine necklaces and sending out a few "random mailings of love" the past couple of weeks. Those have all arrived their various destinations during the last week, and this week I will hopefully be sending out a few more. I find it so fun to get an unexpected postcard or package in the mail, I decided to make a habit of sending something every week. It doesn't take much to send a postcard to someone. Even putting together a little packet of  "junque" for a friend, or a few trinkets from Chinatown takes very little time but really brightens up someones day (or week)  I have also been working on some holiday gifts. This week, I need to put my focus on business and jewelry.  I will be selling at SFMoMA's Holidaze sale on Dec 5th and I really need to get a newsletter out.  

oh, I nearly forgot to add - I have a short and sweet alcohol ink tutorial up right now on the Alphastamp blog.


 I have had fun playing with them on plastic but you can use them on glass and metal as well. I'll be experimenting with it more to see what I can come up with.

8 comments:

mairedodd said...

that is so wonderful that you do that... and you are right, it makes a person feel really special when they are the recipient of a random act of kindness... you are awesome! the head shrines are so cool - going to check out the tutorial ~

noye studios said...

Those heads are Very cool!!!

TesoriTrovati said...

FUNky! Those heads are really cool. You always come up with some incredible stuff... take all the time you need, Miss Barbe! And how sweet of you to send out random packages of kindness. That is a great idea! Enjoy the day! Erin

Laurel said...

The heads AND the alcohol ink pieces are both wonderful! Thanks for sharing them!

Deborah said...

Love these! And the packages are a great idea!

Jeannie said...

Great tutorial. I love working with alcohol inks.
What a thoughtful thing to do sending out little packages.

Jeannie said...

Great tutorial. I love working with alcohol inks.
What a thoughtful thing to do sending out little packages.

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

OMG, Barbe! You were brilliant with the head shrines! LOVE them! I would love to post them on my blog sometime with credit of course? Lemme know :).
xoxo,
Kristin