Monday, December 07, 2009

Book Review: Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance


Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance: 20 Designs from Rowan for Patchwork and Quilting (Patchwork and Quilting)
  • Paperback: 144 pages
  • Publisher: Taunton Press (October 6, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1600852599
  • ISBN-13: 978-1600852596

Kaffe Fassett is a well known name in the fabric industry. His latest book is the 11th in a series of quilt patterns featuring Fassett designed fabrics.  It has 20 stunning new quilts with the feel of a long ago romantic era.  The editorial says "Quilt Romance is a study in pastels and tradition." but I found the fabrics in the books were mostly brights and very colorful

I was immediately drawn to this book because I recognized the gate on the very first page. The  book was shot in Portmeirion, an Italianate styled resort village in Gwynedd,  Wales. The quilts are beautifully displayed thruout the villa  I'm not a huge quilt person, but I do love the look of the quilts in this book. I think standard patterns like tumbling cubes, pickle dish and log cabin are made more interesting because of the fabrics used. I think if someone has been using alot of "safe" quilt fabrics (small prints, solid colors) this book will really push them outside their comfort zone into a colorful world. The book has full size piece patterns in the back and concise instructions.

If you are a fan of Fassett, this book will not disappoint!

1 comment:

sell gold online said...

If I have a reputation in the world of arts and crafts, I'm pretty sure it would be for my bead embroidery, which is my first love and passion. But like many of us, I started with stringing beads - making jewelry.