Alot of people this time of the year are busy taking advantage of the end of the year sales. Its a great time to gift yourself things you've been holding off on or didn't recieve under your Xmas tree. I haven't seen alot of great commercial retail sales or giveaways to entice me, but there are lots of independent things going on. I've marked everything on the Saints and Sinners site 20% off until Jan 1. My girl Shoshana at Hannah Grey Curiosities & Drygoods has LOTS of interesting collage/mixed media supplies and goodies on sale. They are also offering free shipping on orders $30 or more placed through midnight, EST on January 1. Enter the code XMAS2009 at check out. My friend Krissi aka Skelekitty has complied a list of independent businesses with after Christmas sales for you to spend your holiday money at.
Theres also a number of giveaways going on if you are low on funds right now.
- About.com Jewelry Making - Yellow facted CZ fan pendants become gorgeous earrings with just a little chain.
- Art Bead Scene -It's the ABS annual 12 days of Christmas free projects. Twelve days of last minute holiday gifts!
- Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts -Eco Friendly Gift Wrap
- Beading Arts - Sweet, simple, and silly! Make a barrette that will delight a young girl in your life.
- Carmi's Art/Life World - Carmi makes huge resin baubles from an ice tray.
- Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva - Cindy shares her favorite things this week. You might be surprised to find out what they are!
- Earthenwood Studio Chronicles - Melanie makes a chunky, funky necklace with some unusual wooden chain and findings
- Jean Campbell - Jean shares a free sparkly necklace project, just in time to whip up for your New Year's Evening wear
- Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio - Lorelei goes back in time to remind fellow Etsy sellers about Heart-o-Matic!
- Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done! - Jean offers a project called Supercool which features a great focal by Dustin Tabor!
- Strands of Beads -Melissa shares some whimsical lampwork artistry by Debi Cogwell.
- The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton - Using a drilled resin piece from Lynn Davis and some filigree, Andrew creates a necklace paying homage to the faeryworld sanctuaries.