Thursday, February 25, 2010

Still alive, even though the cooties are vexing me.


I hate sounding like a broken record but I have had AnOTHER health upset that has me slacking on things I want to do, like blogging. If I didn't know better, I'd say my body is out to get me LOL.

I thought I had strained myself packing up for the gift show a couple weeks ago. My shoulder was hurting then it started to go away so I didn't think anything of it. We went grocery shopping on Sat and I was carrying 25lb of cat litter and a carton of water bottles. So it started hurting again and I put some ice on it and took a couple asprin. Sunday, it was so bad I couldn't move it without pain. Sunday night the pain was spiking down my arm, I was in tears and unable to sleep. I went to urgent care at 7am Monday and got the diagnosis of torn rotator cuff and bursitis. I've been in too much discomfort to sit or type, and also on some meds that make me a little nauseous and sleepy. I'm in physical therapy twice a week and hope it gets better sooner than later. I am done with the health issues, and my focus for March is PRODUCTIVITY!

I have a couple of great books to review, a ton of product to photo and add to the site, stores to contact, stuff to destash, etc.... I also have a couple of super exciting things I need to prepare for and I need 110% of my attention to those NOT some health issues.

I also just finished a REALLY cute spring necklace with supplies graciously sent to me from Artbeads. It is CUTE!!! I can't wait to show it off! I am hoping I can get a good photo of it tomorrow after my therapy. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Greer said...

You poor thing. Now the cure is to buy a bottle of Glenfidich, drink contents and rub arm with empty bottle. Guarantee no pain! lol

Barbara Lewis said...

Barbe, I'm relatively new to your blog and this is my first post. As a ceramic artist, I had two rotator cuff surgeries as a result of loading heavy kiln shelves. It was during that time that I turned to making wearable art. I totally sympathize with what you are going through. Good to go to the therapist to prevent a frozen shoulder, which is no picnic. It takes a full year to recover from surgery and is probably one of the worst pains you'll ever have. I feel like I wear the "Red Badge of Courage" because of it. I hope you don't have to have it, but if you do, it's better to do it sooner rather than later. One tip, do not pick up anything with your arms extended from your body. That's usually how we injure the rotator cuff. If you feel like talking, you can contact me at blewis@md.metrocast.net. Good luck and my prayers are with you for good health.

mairedodd said...

ok, well you can only do what you can do - not being trite, it's just true... so you have to focus upon getting better... it is frustrating when life gets in the way of things you would rather be/need to be doing... take care ~

HeArt Collective said...

darn cooties!
hope you're feeling better, barbe...

can't wait to see what else you have "up your sleeve"! ;)

xoxo
jul

Shaiha said...

Man it's going around. My husband is going on next Thursday for shoulder surgery.

signsoftimensuch said...

I am so sorry..I just had Rotator Cuff surgery a year ago last week and that three months before that I had a neck fusion ...it is suchh a painful surgery...praying you do not have to go through that...hugs, cheryl