Monday, March 22, 2010

More Happy News!


Another bit of good news that came my way last week, I am going to be  promoting the "Steampunk Style Jewelry" book and doing some Make & Takes at the Quarry Booth at Unique LA.  It's going to be the happiest booth there, jam packed with lots of authors showing you how to make lots of fun things!!! 

 Stefanie Girard of Craftside will be there and when I find out the entire workshop schedule, Ill post it here.  I'll also be taking a small selection of jewelry for sale and there will be lots of books to buy or pick up a free makeready journal or makeready wrapping paper while you are there. Don't forget to enter to win free books too!!!! We are gonna have alot of fun!


 This show looks amazing so If you live in L.A. or will be there that weekend stop by! The show is at the California Market Center April 24 and 25th. I don't know what times I'll be there but will post when we get it scheduled.

When: April 24th & 25th, 11am - 6pm both days
Where: California Market Center's Penthouse (110 East 9th Street - Map It)
Cost: $10 at the door or in advance (kids 12 and under are free).

Your admission gets you:
• Your very own collectible tote bag, exclusive-to-the-show and designed by a guest artist
(the last tote was designed by Shepard Fairey's Studio Number One!)
• Free drinks (IZZE, Honest Tea, water, beer, wine and more!)
• Unlimited re-entry for both days and access to giveaways all weekend long
• Free workshops and DIY Den with crafty handmade activities
• New! Family/Kids play and seating area
• Plus UNIQUE LA donates a portion of proceeds to a local non-profit partner each show! ...

 I'm a bit late with my beadbloggers. I had thought about doing it 15 times yesterday, but got sidetracked each time with another secret project (that I will reveal soon!)   No worries though, the blog reading is just as fun today! 

3 comments:

Softflexgirl said...

I love Jean's new book. It's fabulous. Soft Flex is running our 2010 contest based on Steampunk Style Jewelry. Read more here: http://www.softflexcompany.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=BeadingContest.html. Have fun, Barb! It looks like fun will be had by all. :)

Laurel said...

Barbe, I am so there!

Lisa Crone said...

Congratulations Barbe!! I am so proud of you, but not surprised at all by your great successes!! Yay!! You just keep on inspiring the rest of us!!