Candy Ring circa 2005 ©Barbe Saint John
Happy that I managed to get some things done over the past few days. Still really tired all the time and moving albeit slowly.much slower than I want to. The good thing is I am not pushing myself and have more mobility in my arm. The downer thing is I spend more time thinking about all the things that need done because I can't physically do them. I wish I had a helper to do things like take/edit photos, updeat the site and sweep the floor. Did you know its nearly impossible to hold a broom and sweep the floor with one hand? I didn't, but I found out the hard way.
I finished some fun design team samples for Alphastamps, need to re-size them and send them off. I also finished 2 religious necklaces this weekend, but haven't photographed them yet. I finally played with my low-temp soldering station today too. How many different types of soldering does one person need?? A few I'm finding out! I long for a proper oxy/acetyline set up but that will have to wait until we live somewhere with an outdoor space.
We found out this weekend, two of our favorite neighbors are moving out. One on this floor and one downstairs. Everyone we like moves on, and I wonder if its time for us to do the same. I am increasingly frustrated with the lack of room in this apt. The bedroom is too small, there's no living room, I need a room with a door to work in, I want the litter boxes someplace that won't track litter throughout the living space, etc...... Also, there is no place to have people over for social visits and that is so sad! Pair those annoyances with the increasing crazy/drugged up homeless population and crime in our neighborhood and I feel like that straw is really itching the camels back. What to do? I just don't know at this point. sigh.................
Now on to something much more pleasant, this weeks
Bead Bloggers Links!:
- A Bead A Day Want to stand out from across a crowded room? These Electric Sparkly Beads ought to do the trick!
- About.com Jewelry Making Turn a little hand-dyed ribbon and shell pendant into a trendy jewelry piece you'll wear with almost everything in your closet.
- Art Bead Scene Got cabin fever? ABS has some beady suggestions so you can get out of the house.
- Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts Barbe is avoiding work by showing some pics of recently made creations.
- Beading Arts Cyndi is running a contest on Beading Arts, and the prize is an absolutely free advertisement!
- Carmi's Art/Life World A new spring challenge from Artbeads.com means Carmi has a new brooch!
- Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva Squee! Rings N Things sends shell pearls which Cindy mixes with her single color lampwork beads.
- Earthenwood Studio Chronicles Ferris wheels, carnivals, and comedians inspire a new Song Lore Saturday post for Melanie
- Katie's Beading Blog Surf on over to Katie's blog for ideas about making your own chain, layering components, and easy earrings.
- Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio The answers still hold true in this interview that Lorelei had with herself back in 2008.
- Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done! Jean made a necklace for a relative. Of course, it had to be perfect. Therefore she turned to Kazuri Beads!