Sunday, March 07, 2010

 
Candy Ring circa 2005 ©Barbe Saint John

Happy that I managed to get some things done over the past few days.  Still really tired all the time and moving albeit slowly.much slower than I want to. The good thing is I am not pushing myself and have more mobility in my arm. The downer thing is I spend more time thinking about all the things that need done because I can't physically do them.   I wish I had a helper to do things like take/edit photos, updeat the site and sweep the floor.  Did you know its nearly impossible to hold a broom and sweep the floor with one hand? I didn't, but I found out the hard way.

I finished some fun design team samples for Alphastamps, need to re-size them and send them off. I also finished 2 religious necklaces this weekend, but haven't photographed them yet.  I  finally played with my low-temp soldering station today too. How many different types of soldering does one person need??  A few I'm finding out!  I long for a proper oxy/acetyline set up but that will have to wait until we live somewhere with an outdoor space.

We found out this weekend, two of our favorite neighbors are moving out. One on this floor and one downstairs. Everyone we like moves on, and I wonder if its time for us to do the same. I am increasingly frustrated with the lack of room in this apt. The bedroom is too small, there's no living room, I need a room with a door to work in, I want the litter boxes someplace that won't track litter throughout the living space, etc...... Also, there is no place to have people over for social visits and that is so sad! Pair those annoyances with the increasing crazy/drugged up homeless population and crime in our neighborhood and I feel like that straw is really itching the camels back.   What to do?  I just don't know at this point. sigh.................

Now on to something much more pleasant, this weeks
Bead Bloggers Links!:

6 comments:

mairedodd said...

try to keep all of that incredible energy focused towards the positive... so very hard to do, i know... especially being injured you are feeling extra cooped up ... maybe it is time for a move... wish i could give a hand, must be so frustrating... take care of yourself...

carol in ca said...

I think you should move to santa clara. it's a wonderful city in desperate need of a talented, artistic person like you! hope you are all better soon.

Lola M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lola M. said...

Oh, Barbe I do know how you feel having "one good arm". It's so frustrating, most people don't know how much work can go into prepping/photographing/editing/listing new pieces. I've tried to resign myself to the fact that I will never be satisfied with how much, how quickly, or how well I do things. I just do what I can, when and the best I can. We need to try and be as kind and forgiving to ourselves as we would be for a friend, no? P.S. I hope you guys can move soon!

Jen Crossley said...

Oh Barb take it easy with your arm.Its must be hard I know.
Love your sample though very funky

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks girls! Carol, I may think about Santa Clara-its warmer and cheaper than up here LOL