Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Forward

 Devotion Necklace - ©2010 Barbe Saint John

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the time change. I truly feel like I have "lost" an hour, when I know it's just psychological, we don't lose anything it just shifts. Still, I feel great about "gaining" an hour in the fall and getting an extra hours sleep.

This week has been a series of setbacks. I haven't posted much because I don't want to sound like a broken record. I also believe that whatever we focus on, we bring more of into our lives, so if I wrote everyday how much pain I was in I would just be inviting more of the same. NOT a good thing. I'm trying quietly to shift focus to feeling health, not pain. I'm also trying to not complain either-that has been VERY challenging to do LOL

To keep it positive, I've gotten a few things added to my website and took a few photos over the weekend (Devotion pictured above). I hope to send out a wholesale newsletter this week, but I want to be sure I have a wellstocked website before I do.


And now time for this weeks Bead Bloggers!
A Bead A DaySimilar to the excuse, "my dog ate my homework", Lisa revises her weekly project due to an incident with a furry friend!

About.com Jewelry Making  Jump rings seem like small items when it comes to jewelry making, but they can cause big problems!

Art Bead Scene   ABS unveils the March Challenge painting - Van Gogh's Almond Blossoms.

Beading Arts  Cyndi has a fabulous Zulugrass bracelet to giveaway this week!

Carmi's Art/Life World   Button making turns into jewelry making for Carmi this week!

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork Diva  When is more, more? When you've got shell pearls and lampwork glass!

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles  Another favorite song inspires Melanie to make new Heart Window pendants

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio   Thinking of selling on Etsy? Read this post, Lorelei has shared some tips from what she's learned along the way.

Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done!  An inveterate wirer, Jean approaches new things which other designers do with ease verrrry cautiously...as if they might be wild animals! Grrrr! Should she run away? Decide for yourself!

Strands of Beads  Melissa is giving away one of her floating box pendants this week in honor of her son.

5 comments:

susanc said...

Beautiful necklace Barbe. I'm not a fan of the time change either.

Hope your arm/shoulder starts feeling better soon. Take care.

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks Susan! I wish they would just set the clock at a 1/2Hour change and Leave it! LOL

mairedodd said...

so sorry to hear that you are still suffering so much... i have thought about you...
i agree about the time change... especially for the first few days... getting up an hour earlier is tough! getting the kids out the door this am, and me motivated was brutal!! :0)
i hope there is something helping you to improve...
your necklace is beautiful...

dianajeanne said...

Beautiful piece!

cheap jewelry making supplies said...

fantastic necklace! thanks for sharing!