Tuesday, April 27, 2010

(photo copyright Stefanie Girard/Craftside)

Back home and trying to get into the GROOVE, its not easy though.

I had a great time in L.A. meeting lots of online friends in person and enjoying Unique LA. The show is run so well, has some great designers and REALLY great attendance! I may apply to vend at the Holiday show!


I have pics to upload and resize but for now I will point you all over to Stefanie's Craftside Blog where you can see more of the creative chaotic fun that was this past weekends event. Also at the booth doing make and takes were some amazing women: Christi Friesen, Tally Oliveau, Lisa Engelbrecht and Nancy Langdon . Talented Maria Del Pinto was our go to girl on Saturday and was instrumental in keeping us all well hydrated, feed and laughing. Much fun was had by all!


Stefanie has turned me onto the Sizzix diecutter and I want one!! Actually I'd like to have one I could hook up to my computer and print off my own designs. Not sure one exists but that would be a dream.


Also, I had lots of fun at the show but no sales sadly. I'll be busy this week photographing and uploading jewelry to the site and I NEED to send out a newsletter....Thats the plan anyway, we'll see if it actually happens because you all KNOW how much I love the photo editing part of business LOL.


While I was gone I got a bunch of fantastic submissions and uploaded images for the 1000 Steampunk Inspirations book. Wow!!! I am getting blown away by the creativity and having more than a few"I WANT THAT" cravings when looking at it all.



And onto a day late Bead Bloggers Linky Love set!
About.com Jewelry MakingIt is flower power time! Mix resin, real flowers, and beads for this necklace design. Art Bead Scene Art beads don't have to be round, they can be toggles too!

Barbe Saint JohnBarbe will be at Unique LA promoting the Steampunk Style book

Beading ArtsCyndi has a copy of "Totally Twisted" that she's giving away! Come enter the contest now!

Carmi's Art/Life WorldStranded by the volcano, Carmi has time for a little more window shopping.

Cindy Gimbrone aka Lampwork DivaFor Cindy, yellow is the color of anticipation.

Earthenwood Studio ChroniclesMelanie sets up a trunk show at her favorite local indie craft gallery. Check out her display!

Lorelei's Blog: Inside the StudioResin has become quite popular in jewelry design lately. It's a lot trickier than Lorelei had originally thought. She tries out the technique for the first time.

Snap Out of It, Jean! There's Beading to be Done!Do not miss out on Andrew Thornton's amazing sale and giveaway! It is fantastic!!! Go now! Really fun!

Strands of BeadsMelissa creates a sweet Spring necklace from wasabi-colored pearls and a beautiful Lillypilly pendant courtesy of Artbeads.com

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton Be entered to win a one year subscription to Beadwork magazine! Find out how!

2 comments:

HeArt Collective said...

sounds like a good time!
next time we all need to sprinkle you with sales pixie dust so that you can have an even more successful time!
xoxo
jul

Anonymous said...

You should look into a Silhouette die cutter, which does hook up to your computer. It comes with software, but you can download a super fantastic free program called Inkscape and then create anything you can think of. Funny you mentioned that because I have been thinking about using some of the "swirls" designs from my papercrafting die cutting machines and reducing them and making molds for some silver clay work.
Love your work.