Thursday, May 20, 2010

When Life throws you moldy lemons.............

"Burdens are the foundations of ease and bitter things the forerunners of pleasure."   Rumi

There are times when Life gives you lemons, then there are times Life throws a truckload of stinky, gooey, disgusting moldy lemons at you.  We're having the latter right now. BIG honking moldy lemons everywhere.  What do you do when life throws you big moldy lemons? You certainly aren't making lemonade out of them I can assure you that.

The past month has been pretty sour, and the past week in particular very, very stressful. I'm not going to get into negative specifics about everything happening, but its been a real downer here. I try to stay focused and stay positive but when you are sideswiped by problems, you have to take a look at where you are and how far you've gone off track in order to get back to center.  There's a lot of change going on, and trying to ride the waves without drowning is #1 priority. in our lives right now.  

So what do you do when Life hands you moldy lemons? Part of me wants to pick them up and throw them back but thats not productive nor helpful. What to do with all the crap being flung in your way and turn it around to your advantage?   You can make compost. Take all that mess plus anything else that's garbage in your life,  put it into a pile and let nature turn it into something useful eventually.  Not immediately gratifying, but certainly beneficial in the end. 

5 comments:

Sherry said...

compost is definitely natures proof that crap turns to gold

I hope you find some peace soon, can get recharged & on to doing what you want

susanc said...

Compost is nature's way of turning "waste" into gold. I hope things start turning around for you soon.

JB Tucker said...

Dang, I can almost smell those moldy lemons.

CatHerder said...

GOOD LUCK BARB...I dont know if you noticed but ive been absent from the art scene lately...i cancelled my tax id and business license a few months ago and im putting more hours in at the vet..in this economy i just couldnt get by with 2 kids in college and a CatHerd that needs medical attention.....hope all works out for you...stay strong..and stop by my blog and say hi once in awhile! :-)

Display Centres said...

“I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish he didn’t trust me so much.” - Mother Theresa
Have faith in God.