Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nose to the Grindstone

New Jewelry ©2010 Barbe Saint John/Saints and Sinners®

Even though you spend months preparing for something, sometimes it just isn't enough. After sorting through jewelry inventory on Sunday night, I realized I really don't have enough for 3 shows.....Even though I've been making stuff almost every day, its really not enough for 3 back to back shows. Can you say PANIC? LOL, I did!

So Monday I planted my self at my worktable and created this lot above. I know it doesn't LOOK like alot, but for me - it was hours of work, finding the right elements, the right colors, etc....... I am especially in love with the Aladdins Lamp earrings and keep fighting the urge to keep them for myself. I never wear earrings anymore, but since I love all things Arabian Nights they keep calling to me. I made a couple more necklaces yesterday and feel good about that. Today however I had appts and errands to run, but I'm hoping to get ONE thing made tonight before I got to sleep, even if it's only a pair of earrings.

I just sent a package of jewelry up to REDUX in Portland over the weekend, lots of pretties you can look at and buy in person.

I realized I forgot to post a photo of my filled bezels clasps. I like the way they turned out, and want to make some more of them this week if I can.

©2010 Barbe Saint John/Saints and Sinners®


I am still gathering stuff for the Alameda Flea Market this weekend. I have a small pile of vintage purses, a small pile of vintage dresses, and a sizeable pile of Asian chalkware......I wish I had some tent weights because I know it will be windy over there, I'm praying it isn't TOOO windy and they tent doesn't fly away and hurt anyone. I think I'm in space E3, I called and thats the number they gave me, but haven't received the packet yet. If you're coming to the market, please stop by and say hi!

4 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

All pieces are gorgeous! I couldn't pick a favorite! and I know it was a lot of work, even though it doesn't look like a lot lol! Good luck on your shows, I'm sure you will do fabulous! Michele

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks Michelle. I hope to do well, its been a long dry spell!!!

Barbe

Debbie said...

I Love, love, love your ART! You are so inspiring! Visit my blog sometime...

paradisekittenart.blogspot.com

kecia said...

barbe, i so know what you mean about how long it takes us to create. it must be a virgo thing!