Thursday, July 08, 2010

No Rest For The Wicked



And boy, I must be awfully wicked - look at how tired I look. The fleamarket is done and over. We did ok, not great but ok. We had tons of lookie Lou's but very few shoppers. I sold/gaveaway all the big lamps I took and THAT alone was worth it. It's much more fun to shop then sell, and thats what I plan on doing in Sept.

I'm working on more jewelry and some displays this week (I know I sound like a broken record!). I've been concentrating on necklaces and some earrings because that is what sold the last show I did.   While I love making bracelets, they don't sell very well for me. 
Neither do rings sadly.  Which makes me sad because I really like making rings. Perhaps I need to make a lot more of them?  I don't know what the right answer is.  I've made a couple new bracelets for teh shows but no new rings.
I've also been working on my monthly Objects and Elements design team samples. I've made some fun things that I can't tell you about yet, but heres a sneak peek at one of them.

And on that happy note, its back to work! Have a wonderfully creative and productive day!




6 comments:

kecia said...

you look wickedly beautiful barbe! you are right about the bracelets; they aren't big sellers. maybe people don't really wear bracelets that much anymore? i don't know, but i've got a bunch that i made just sitting around collecting dust

Jen Crossley said...

LOve your work Barb,I also agree about the bracelets

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Aw thanks Kecia!!
It's weird isn't it girls?? Bracelets are so fun to wear, yet they just don't go...Maybe the trend is just for necklaces.

Lisa Crone said...

You look great and that necklace is just perfect! :)

Jean said...

I love your photo! love your thoughts, too. I always used to gravitate toward making bracelets, however now I first think of necklaces. Never even realized it!
Your bracelet sways me back though, it is so pretty. So is your ring!

beadnik said...

I'm thinking that people are wearing fewer bracelets now because of laptop and other computing...a fun, jangly bracelet can tend to get in the way of the keyboarding skills people use so much. I find I don't wear bracelets as much as I'd like for just that reason.