Monday, August 16, 2010

Art Unraveled Rewind

It's been a week since I got back from Phoenix and Art Unraveled... WHAT a trip!!! I had the best time. The weather was fantastic - it was 53 when I left SF and 106 when I landed! The humidity was tolerable, thank goodness. Upon checking into the hotel, I ran directly into Jen Cushman and Kathy Cano-Murillo and they welcomed me with a big girlie group hug.

I got to see alot of old friends that I don't get to see too often, like my bro Michael
and Susan,  as well as meet alot of people I had only known online including Jane and  Richard Salley as well as Deryn Mentock.

Vendor day was crazy!!! Thankfully the wonderful Peggy Krzyzewski volunteered to help me out-thank you Peggy!!!! I am NOT a morning person and thankfully Peggy was there. She was so helpful to me and kept busy writing up sales and making sure things were put into bags-something I messed up more than once that day!

This was my first time teaching at Art Unraveled and I was a little nervous. It's a huge event with an amazing reputation and I didn't want to disappoint.  Thankfully I had the best group of students and the Ancient Futurist Art Doll class was FANTASTIC!  Carol Graves was my class aide, and I want to thank her again for all her help.  I had the best bunch of students, all of whom made some fantastic creations. Here are some of the eye candy.  


Since I've been home, I've been in a stupor. Art Unraveled was such an amazing time,  I need some time to decompress and think about what I want to propose for 2011.  I will be teaching at CREATE with Cloth, Paper Scissors in Chicago in 2 weeks so need to prep for that as well.  I am really looking forward to this going to Chicago and am excited to be a part of that new event. My fellow O&E Design team sister Jane Salley will be teaching there as well, and I can't wait to hang out with her again.


2 comments:

Dave Robertson said...

Hi Barbe,

I thought it would be very appropriate to let you know this via your blog:

You're a winner -- your name was drawn to receive a Rings & Things Blog Partners goodie pack!

Would you email me your mailing address?

Cheers!

:) Dave
at Rings & Things

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/