Friday, September 10, 2010

Ch Cha Cha Changes....and Long Live the Queen

 RIP Nephthys 10/31/92 - 9/9/2010

Nothing's impossible I have found, When my chin is on the ground,
I pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again.
Don't lose your confidence if you slip, be grateful for a pleasant trip,
And pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again.

Work like a soul inspired, till the battle of the day is won
You may be sick and tired, but to be a man, my son.
Will you remember the famous men, who had to fall to rise again
So Take a Deep Breath, Pick Yourself Up, Dust Yourself Off, Start All Over Again...


This is from one of my favorite movies "Swingtime" with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Ginger sings the song "Pick Yourself Up" to Fred during their first dance lesson.  I've been a bad blogger this summer, especially the latter part of the summer. There's been a lot of churning and chaos in my life which I've mentioned a bit here and there.  Everything had turned upside down over the past few weeks; my husband and I have recently seperated, and yesterday I had to say goodbye to my baby of 18 yrs. I thought my heart was broke before yesterday, now its shattered. It's been a really challenging month to say the least.

My life is doing a complete 180,  I know things happen for a reason so I'm trying to embrace the changes, painful as they all seem to be..... I don't know what the rest of 2010 will bring, but I'm really looking forward to a much better 2011.

I have to so much to blog about too and feel so behind. I'm determined to get caught up this week, and take my mind off of missing my kitty.  I got an amazing package of Halloween Beads from Rings and Things, need to review the 2 fantastic DVD's from Ronna Sarvas Weltman and I just got in a copy of Bead Chic by Margot Potter to review and give away. Thank you Ms. Margot.

I'll post all that this week, promise.  Pick myself up, Dust myself and start all over again.

7 comments:

moonlitfantaseas said...

so sorry to hear about your kitty.....I lost mine back in July, so I know how you are feeling.....my hubby brought home two babies about a month later, and while they don't take Mokie's place, they are amusing to say the least, and a handful

Spirited Earth said...

i'm sorry about your old cat..i have one 15yrs old,
also sorry to hear about the upheaval in your personal life..
this has been a tough year for a lot of people..
hang in there..brighter days have got to be just ahead.

stregata said...

Sorry to hear of your losses. Seems times are difficult everywhere.
Wishing you some peace of heart.

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Oh Barbe...I am so sorry for your loss. My goodness things have been so topsy turvy here I didn't know about your marriage. Guilty of not reading enough this summer. I am so sorry again.

Diana Laurence said...

Oh Barbe, my sympathies! What a tough time to have to endure. I do hope some comfort and cheer come into your life soon. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Laurel said...

We continue, despite the most godawful twists of fate, we continue. We weep, and ache, and continue. Blessings upon you, my dear.

mairedodd said...

'i get up. i walk. i fall down. meanwhile i keep dancing.' - hillel (posted by the mirror in my bathroom)... life is certainly bittersweet... dust yourself off for sure, but don't be too hard on yourself and not allow yourself to mourn... when i lost my first baby who had been with me through college, getting married, having kids, getting divorced, it was devastating... she was a constant in my life... honor your kitty, the love and loss - channel it into your work and share it... i am sorry about the separation... thank goodness for family and sisterhood...