Wednesday, September 01, 2010

CREATE with Cloth Paper Scissors Recap

The Create with Cloth Paper Scissors retreat has come and gone. Back home, its hard to believe I only came home 3 days ago!  It was a WONDERFUL retreat, and I'm looking forward to next years event. The hotel was GORGEOUS, and the event went off without a hitch. My fellowO&E Design Team Sister Jane Salley was also an instructor and we got to spend the weekend hanging out and having fun.

I had a great group of creative women in my Jewelry Alchemy class. This was my teachers pet aka class assistant Debbie Kreischer. Debbie was pure joy and I thank her so much for all her hard work!!!
Here are a couple of examples of work done by two other students. The left is by Crystal, and I love the way she mixed colored metals and industrial with crystal. On the right is Glenda's Mah Jongg necklace.

She had an amazing assortment of vintage pieces to work with and this necklace is a real art statement. I love the asymetrical yet perfectly balanced necklace. All my students did amazing work, and I thank them for allowing me to share my love of creating with them.

Vendor night was alot of fun and Belinda came to help me out. Thanks Belinda!!! Also at Create,  I got to meet some people I only know online like Crystal Neubauer, Kim Geiser, Alisa Burke, Kelli Perkins, Jane Davila, and a bunch of FB friends.  A great time was had by all and I look forward to the next one.  Speaking of, I need to get busy and get some proposals out to other events for 2011.  I'm also talking to a few people about doing small weekend type retreats. I'll announce any I get set up as they come along. If you have a group of people and would like me to come out and have a fun filled art weekend email me!

1 comment:

Spirited Earth said...

welcome home..
looks like this was lots of fun