Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Still Treading Mud, But Moving Forward.


Hard to believe its been over a month since I blogged-bad girl!  Tucson was a total blast.  Even though I got the flu the day I flew out (yes i got the flu AGAIN)  I loved talking to people about ICE Resin® and showing them the fun they could have with Susan Lenart Kazmer's bezels.   I taught ICE Resin® classes everyday and it was fabulous.  I got a couple days off before coming home and had fun walking thru the Electric Park show oogling all the fossils and minerals I wish I could have brought home with me.

I had good intentions on blogging all about my Tucson trip, but as the saying goes "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".  As usual since moving here, all kinds of stuff happened.  Treading thru mud seems like an appropriate euphemism in regards to my life right now.  I knew it wouldnt be easy, but it wasn't supposed to be THIS difficult.

I've decided that while it seemed like a good idea at the time,  living in this little town just isn't for me. I don't fit and can't get into the 'flow' here. Rather than a square peg in a round hole I feel like hexagonal peg in a board with no holes. It's time for plan B. which is moving up to Pittsburgh within the next couple of months. So now that I've just unpacked, I'll start repacking this weekend and looking for a place to live.  Onward and hopefully upward.

I'm happy that my creative muse has returned.  The past week, I have been making jewelry-woo hoo!  I've been working on necklaces and pendants for one of my wholesale accounts. While unpacking my work space, I came across a lot of jewelry and supplies I forgot I had, so I'm working on having a big spring cleaning sale soon.

Other big news: my good friend Jen Cushman has just published her book on working with ICE Resin®, called "Explore, Create, RESINATE".  I'll being doing a review of this wonderful book this week. If you've wanted to try resin but have been hesitant then this book is definitely one you'll want to get.

4 comments:

Old Fashion Halloween said...

Sorry to hear the new place isn't working out.

Barbara Lewis said...

Tucson was a trip. My husband and son who came with me to Tucson both got the flu before we left and I was so worried I'd get it ... but alas, I didn't! Whew! Pittsburgh seems like such a better fit ... With such a strong arts influence, you'll feel right at home ... well, maybe not, but that's a good thing, right?

HeArt Collective said...

Well, its definitely a trippy journey you're on right now, miss... treading mud... yeah, that sounds about right.

I hope you keep the positive spirit, good creative juju, and forward momentum...

i'm rootin' for ya!
xoxo
jul

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks Ronda-what seemed like a good idea at the time, has quickly turned into wrong, wrong, wrong.

Barbara-it was a trip! It was great to meet and talk to you. Hopefully next time we will have more time to chat. I think Pittsburgh will be great for me.

Thanks Julee!!!! Its been a real struggle to not drown in the mud, have to keep reminding myself to focus on the good and positive. I appreciate your rooting for me too! xoxo